my local cruising site is runnning a group buy on apex suspension, working out about 80 all in for just springs, not shocks they are 40 mill drop

need to know pretty soon how apex rate, i drive an sr and its dropped 35 on tte springs and i dont want my ride to be any harsher as the northern ireland roads are shite

yea thats the point im trying to make.

almost every aftermarket spring has harder springrates. so it will defo be harder.

if you dont use matched or adjustable shox.. your standard damper is too weak to fight the compresions of the new springs. making your car crash and bounce all over the place.

tte springs were desinged on the outset for the starlet in mind so if you could spunk your money on a set of shox first then mabe upgrade springs at a later date, thats what id do

hey buddy.

i bought the exact same spring set(by the sounds of things)

for my car about 3 months ago.

didnt have the money for ajustables or uprated shocks so

had to go for just springs.

since buying them,no problems to report of.

the ride is better than before, not to harsh and the car sits nicely.

thats on standars rims though.

as the others have said mite pay in the future to get

improved shocks

hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my car lowered on Apex with it lowered 40mm on standard suspension but again I have them on standard alloys. However my car does now hook to the left a bit. :D Planning on getting Koni adjustables before Christmas!! :D

I have my car lowered on Apex with it lowered 40mm on standard suspension but again I have them on standard alloys. However my car does now hook to the left a bit.  :D Planning on getting Koni adjustables before Christmas!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean by "hook to the left a bit"?

Do you have an adjustable panhard rod?

Ivan

I mean the car steers to the left a bit. I got my steering checked and the alignment is fine, so a think one of my shocks must be gone.

I've had the Apex springs since April with the Standard suspension so they must be worn out by now. :D