Halfords Tool and Screwdriver set

Im off to uni soon, after having made do with a random assortment of tools last year i was looking for a "all in one" to throw in the boot just in case i need it or need to help a friend out

Ive seen this tool set on sale for £99 but didn`t have money at the time, its now on at £129 but if you click "bundle deal" it goes down to £107 not bad considering you get a set of screwdrivers too...

Both come with a life time guarantee, cant go wrong really :o

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...yId_165572#dtab

Just to add this is a great piece of kit. I have a similar halfords kit (now slightly different) which I purchased in 2007 - still going good.

If you have a halfords trade card, you get a discount on this like any tool/s.

ive used halfords proffesional since the stuff came out! only ever broken one socket (and that was because i stuck it on my air gun to get a very stubbon bolt off a very rusty thread) resulted in a crack! replaced it no problem in store!

ive also had plenty of snap on, teng and mac, and whilst they are all good, if you do break them you have to wait a week for 'the man' to come round, then you have to wait for him to order it up if not in stock...... basically if your a tech and your always on the tools then you cant go wrong with the halfords!!

Eeeeeww you lot make me sick lol.

Were not aloud to say the H word at work.

There like the.biggest most useless waste of space when it comes to installing there kits and headunits.

Were always getting people come to us to do it properly.

I once had one of there socket sets and the ratchets seem to have about 10 teeth in them.

Never again... snap on FTW !

Eeeeeww you lot make me sick lol.

Were not aloud to say the H word at work.

There like the.biggest most useless waste of space when it comes to installing there kits and headunits.

Were always getting people come to us to do it properly.

I once had one of there socket sets and the ratchets seem to have about 10 teeth in them.

Never again... snap on FTW !

Did you know that the Halfords professional tool kits are made by snap on hence the life time guarantee :o

Got this kit as well, decided best way to buy it was get a job there then get a discount lol. If you know someone with a trade card it should take it down to £100.

Only downside to my kit the small ratchet doesnt hold any of the attachments.

Broke a few lol, but thats more due to abuse than poor quality, better than snapon in my opinion, takes just as much hammer, cheaper, and if you break anything you can go swap it there and then lol

D

Broke a few lol, but thats more due to abuse than poor quality, better than snapon in my opinion, takes just as much hammer, cheaper, and if you break anything you can go swap it there and then lol

D

I use both halfrauds and snap on every day of the week there is notjing wrong with then. @ G snap on have the same policy with there lifetime guaranteee if the item is servicable and said servicable part breaks you are left to foot the bill. halfrauds are also the same :o

To anyone looking to but this set i have yet to crack or snap any tool in the set i have here and they take one hell of a beating.

^^ correct my mate has alot of there tools and his 12mm ratchet spanner would be intermittent , we took it to halfords and complained about it and wallah theyswapped it but said the warranty only covers the spanner not the ratchet lol

Still only got about 10 teeth in the ratchets and the spanners are made of chocolate.

When you use tools day in day out you really notice the difference and would rather pay more for the extra quality

Sorry mate but this post made me laugh :p. I own this set (have done for years) and working in a garage for the past 6 months with a snap on feind, the quality is pretty much the same to be completely honest. I've NEVER broken one of their chocolate spanners, or had any problems with the mechanical parts in any of the tools. I've hit them with hammers, thrown them in tempers, used massive leaver bars on the ratchets etc etc and still no problems lol....

When you take into mind that a set of snap on spanners 8mm to 19mm costs between £70 - £90 from "the man" and a full halfrauds set costs £99......... lol!

They are douche bags at halfrauds though don't get me wrong :p...... just my peice