Jamie's Black TD04 Starlet GT - For Sale Very soon..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate glad to see my old car is still getting looked after, I was guna get the roll cage powder coated pink but never got rnd to it. And Damien (starlet sr) my car was never "slow as hell" with the ct 12 it made 186bhp so nt exactly slow! And your mg only kept wi me in corners bcz I took em slow so u cud keep up. Anyway n80jamie il keep any eye on her because love to c it on coilys and sum nice wheels

You know I'd say pink

Pink is tempting me at the minute but I'm scared to do it haha ;)

when i get a cage its going shocking pink

only guna get a show cage though lol

Hurry up and get one so I can see what it looks like :mellow:

Focus RS green just to be different? Or what about a flip paint haha? Or Carbon wrap maybe?

D

Don't think I like the idea of RS green but flip paint sounds funky haha. Carbon wrap looks pretty poor though most of the time so think I'd rather powder coat it a certain colour :(

i want that cage! :wub:

I sell my car parts for hugs..... :( lol

Hi mate glad to see my old car is still getting looked after, I was guna get the roll cage powder coated pink but never got rnd to it. And Damien (starlet sr) my car was never "slow as hell" with the ct 12 it made 186bhp so nt exactly slow! And your mg only kept wi me in corners bcz I took em slow so u cud keep up. Anyway n80jamie il keep any eye on her because love to c it on coilys and sum nice wheels

Hey mate! Ye im doing my best with her aha :p

Coilys and wheels will be coming in the new year. Looking for a TOMs kit first :D

What coilys n wheels u after? I was on the look out for sum bronze rota track r's, missing the starlet now :-( lol I've got an Audi s3 now 270bhp comfy Luxerious and fast but fink the starbo wud of had her up to 100. Miss the all or nothing power delivery lol

What coilys n wheels u after? I was on the look out for sum bronze rota track r's, missing the starlet now :-( lol I've got an Audi s3 now 270bhp comfy Luxerious and fast but fink the starbo wud of had her up to 100. Miss the all or nothing power delivery lol

Unsure on which coilys atm but think im swaying towards BC's. As for wheels, either a nice JDM set or a set of 16" Rota Grid Drifts :) Have to admit, starlets are really fun to drive! At least you've got a bit of luxury now instead of a shit jap interior haha ;)

Sweet ep82 you have there mate.. Love it !!

Cheers mate :p

Compared to the TD04 conversion it was slow. And thats a lie haha! Starlets have never been known for their handling. Only reason you had to slow down was to get the power down otherwise they just understeer like hell!

Glad to see the cars gone to a genuine enthusiast now.

D

Small update; I won a set of rear wheel bearings and a genuine HKS SSQV from eBay. Fitted the SSQV earlier today and now the GT is chirping away :p As for the rear wheel bearings; @EP82oaks, you said these were recently replaced but since stripping the rear my car sounds like an old steam train from the back haha ;) Was there any complications when fitting the new bearings which may have damaged them?

Anyway, heres a couple of piccies :)

P.s. The wire wrapped around the strut brace is there ready for fitting my oil temp sensor :p

b7074a88.jpg

c7339e24.jpg

I was a genuine enthusiast that car got everything it needed I loved it like a baby, I put new bearings in when the rear brakes went on no problems fitting so dino wot sound your hearing lol

Not saying you weren't dude but starlet wheel bearings are known for being shit lol. The garage i go to took the car out for a drive to try and solve a different problem and he did comment saying that my rear wheel bearings sound shot.

I've made a quick video to try and show the noise they're making. Anyone think it's something else other than wheel bearings?

th_18b7a401.jpg

Sorry mate the genuine enthusiast was aimed at STARLET SR not you Jamie. Them wheel bearings have prob only dun 2k if that so I'm stumped as to wot it could be unless the bearings av gone but can't c that in such a short space of time. Could the rear calipers be sticking slighty?

Sorry mate the genuine enthusiast was aimed at STARLET SR not you Jamie. Them wheel bearings have prob only dun 2k if that so I'm stumped as to wot it could be unless the bearings av gone but can't c that in such a short space of time. Could the rear calipers be sticking slighty?

Ahh my bad lol. I'll give the calipers a check tomorrow but i doubt this is the problem. I may as well put these bearings on now as there sat on the side so will soon see if that is the problem! I've heard its quite a delicate job? So could of just been a simple mistake to shorten the life of them? Not blaming you anyway dude dunna worry :p

• 3 weeks later...

Recently did a swap with Nads; my bumper for his TOMs bumper :thumbsup: Was sprayed up and fitted yesterday but it seems to be sagging quite bad :|

0e431ba0.jpg

1c1a95db.jpg

05f01253.jpg

07c006b5.jpg

Anyone know how to sort out the sagging between the bumper and the headlights? Also, is the TOMs grill slightly longer (downwards) as there is a fair gap between my standard grill and the bumper?

mmmmmm tomsssss!

do you have your slam pannel still? mine rested on the top and bolted on there and fitted perfect,

maby you could put some kind of washer underneath it or make some metal brackets at the bottom to hold it up abit more?

I'm not sure, i'll take a look at some point today :) If i do, i'll get the bumper off and try fitting it again! Don't really want to be making more brackets up lol :thumbsup:

Looks awesome mate, I have some brakets which I will send you when they are off the car :).

How much was it to get it sprayed mate?

Cheers dude. That would be a massive help! Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Cost me £100 to get some fiberglass repair done, strip, paint, polish etc :) Not a bad price!