Hey folks,

Recently got a hold of a glanza and I've got a few wee plans on it, I got it for a nice wee price although it does need a wee bitty work done to it which I've been told on here that it was the head gasket which had gone seeing as it smokes when you let off and runs on 3 cylinders.

In the future I plan to add in an FMIC & oil catch tank, uprated breaks, gonna do a few wee cosmetic parts like spray the wheels a red/orange colour, a few little sticker bombing jap style stuff, gonna strip the interior and add bucket seats, The car's already got a boost gauge and a daft sounding dump valve[needs changed] and a cone filter, although I will re-locate it to just behind the front grill and remove the Aircon. The car has been lowered I think with just springs so I'll probably aim for adjustable suspension for that low and slow look :p

20110905174443.jpg

20110905173955.jpg

20110905174609.jpg

Comments & advice appreciated !

looking good mate :p

also welcome to the club :p

keep the updates coming! i love seeing a plan pull together!

Thanks a lot matey, I'm going to be taking it slow since I'm not the most mechanically minded but I'd like to do a lot of it my self, I'm at uni just now so cash is a bit limited as well as me having a civic that I'm trying to sell too !

The biggest step was the insurance, I almost passed my organs when I was told that I would be paying over a grand for my insurance haha.

The joys of being 19 and male...

looks a good start mate.

and you should be jumping with joy for over a grand. over 2 grand seems to be getting more normal lol

Pass plus does wonders for insurance costs :p

I've noticed a few wee things that will need done, I've found a split in a pipe that I think might be a boost one, it's towards the front left of the engine near the bit that I can bypass to de-restrict the boost in 1st and 2nd gear.

Also I've got to get a new head gasket on the go does anyone have an idea what one I specifically need I've seen ones that are all different thicknesses so I'm a bit confused.

Cheers

-Doc

20110906164902.jpg

Taken out the back seats and such today, shed a fair whack of weight, got in touch with Gary at GBR and the kind man that he is shall be popping by mine on Thursday morning to have a wee gander.

Found that I've got some kind of fluid leak along with a bit oil although I'm not sure where it's coming from - only time will tell !

-Doc

how did u get it home in the end ;)? hopefully will be a nice easy fix for you and back seats are over rated anyway B)

I found a guy in Dundee called Autoflit who done it for a fantastic price, guy drove non stop[and seemingly like the clappers] and brought it up to me :p

There's nae need for back seats for me anyway, especially since I need the front seat right back anyway so that eliminates one seat in the back unless they're a 'nam veteran...

Realised that there's no bolts holding the battery in place so I've gotta try find some - any idea where I can get them easily?

-Doc

best bet would be some1 breaking a glanza or drop idrees a pm sure he will have 1 sitting around. i ditched ma rear seats and put a cage cause i was sick of people wanting lifts lol B)

Cool mate cheers, is it the same bolt as on an N/A starlet because I'll be able to go to a scrappys and grab one in that case :p

Noticed a few wee things but nothing that I won't be able to fix in due time, some perished rubber piping and stuff and a kink in another pipe which causes it to collapse shut pretty much.

Might get myself one of the small filters that goes on top of the engine [can't remember the name] but it's to do with the oil haha.

Any suggestions on an FMIC kit & air filter relocation kit ??

I also picked up a new jack, and axle stands today, they're currently holding up a table for sh*ts and giggles but they will be used on the car at some point ;)

-Doc

fmic ull be wanting the hdi style piping that doesnt go over the exhaust mani like this 1 http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=46575 price seems bit high on that tho u can pick up new copys for a lil bit more and there nice and shiny ;)

filter relocation just get the pipes of ebay and make it urself its alot cheaper then u can get a filter of your choice. i just meshed ma turbo but theres a debate about how good this is for your turbo

not to sure if bolts from the n/a would be the same i dont see why not tho

Cool mate cheers, don't fancy meshing the turbo so I'll fire a relocation kit on, found one on here so I should be all good once I've got some coin, main thing just now is getting it on the road and driving !

Then I'll start stuff, main thing for me just now is the breaks - I wana be able to stop the power before I get it ;)

-Doc