Shit need help quick, broken brake line how to repair?

Fitting my WMS brakes today one side went on with no problems, but the other side was a nightmare, the braided line which was on already from a previous owner had completly seized, after an hour half i thought i had it then the bloody fitting sheared off the brake line by the suspension.

How the hell do i repair this ASAP, i need to get this repaired before i go to Castle combe on Sat!!!

Please help!

Right side went on fine

10.jpg

Old Disc

11.jpg

Completly shagged discs!

12.jpg

The broken line i need to repair (need to put a new fitting on it)

13.jpg

Shreared fitting

14.jpg

One that was supposed to take its place

15.jpg

this also happened to me. i replaced the whole line back to the point where all the fluid lines go to.

So this doesnt happen again ill be making my own custom lines to go from that point right to the caliper. Been too many times having bother with the stupid connection between the hard and braided lines.

Russell

why do i need to replace the whole line? I have seen tools today so you can do it when its on the car, got the fitting i just need someone to flare the end of the pipe for me, wondering if a garage can do it for me.

Otherwise the tool to do it my self if £45!!

can someone explain to me how the flaring tool works and how i should do it, start to finish?

I have picked up the connector which goes onto the copper, but i assume i need to flare the pipe that it goes on, does it just go straight on doesnt seem to be any rubber grommets or washers or anything.

Someone give me some advice on how to do it please

Thanks!

make sure you put the fitting on before you flare it :wub: i have a brand new hardpipe you can come pick up tomorrow if you want? £15 :wub:

i might be at JAE, but kurt can get them from the car for you? just keep the part number for me so i can get 1 in the future :lol:

Craig, there's a cracking place in bridgend i've used for brake stuff. They can pretty much make anything up. Let me know what you need and i can call in there after work tommorrow if that's any help. My mate had 2 brake lines made up for his quad, made them for him at 5 o clock and charged a tenner!

any motorfactors will sell you the copper pipe and ends bud, looks like your going to have to buy the tool too and replace the whole pipe....will be costly but you`ll be done in a matter of hours

Its a nightmare because i have got work tomorrow and i need to rush around to get it sorted. Stressing me out as i have spent nearly £100 in track time!!

Only way i reckon i can get it done in time now is if i flare it my self, pissin pain in the arse thats what is it!!

Nice one Mr Lang, hes just sorted me out a toyota original replcement copper pipe, so its already factory bent to fit :lol: Now that is a stroke of luck!!

Just gotta get it and fit it and then have a nightmare no doubt bleeding it lolz

Sorry not sure on the make of them, been on there since i bought the car and as you can see from them i have hammered the hell out of them on the track, wore all of the grooves off and they are cracked to hell from being baked to death!!

Rip discs!!

Nice one Mr Lang, hes just sorted me out a toyota original replcement copper pipe, so its already factory bent to fit :lol: Now that is a stroke of luck!!

Just gotta get it and fit it and then have a nightmare no doubt bleeding it lolz

Looking at that by the time you have cut that back square and got a new fitting on there is not enough pipe before the bend to get a good flare on that

If the ep82 is the same as the EP91 where this goes inside the wing does it go to a conector?

If it does take it off there mate and remove the pipe should be about 15cm long take that to any local garage and they should be able to copy it and make you one thats what i did when it happened to me cost me a fiver.

Hey Ryan can i get both sides off you just in case the other one is fudged too as i had to feck around for ages to get it off and i didnt want to run the risk of it being buggered too when i go to put the fluid in.

I'll order you a new set then or send it back to you if i dont need it

Glad you got it sorted :lol:

Its defo better to replace the whole thing anyway. I tried to cut mine and then add a join it it further up so i didnt have to do the whole thing but couldnt get it to seal and just ended up raging and doin it all anyway ha.

Its awesome how much fellow members help each other out

Russell