major issue fitting anti lift kit.....

Well i got the nearside alk all fitted up nice with new wishbone bushes but the right side has proved to be an absoloute arse!!!!!

first of the wishbone bolt had ceased so needed grinding to get out but thankfully local toyota had 1 spare bolt, phew. but today i wanted to finish off so got the new wishbone bushes fitted and the wishbone in place, then came to screw the 2 alk bolts into the chassis, the first went in sweet as but the second got half way in then just went loose!!!!!!! i assume there must have been a welded nut on the back on the floor for the bolt to go into ????? and there seems to be no way of getting to where the nut would be.... ahhhhhh now left with an unusable car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any advice help ideas would be great as im totally fecked off and need some light

na i can move the bolt around, in out and angle it side to side but it wont come out and defo wont screw in. as i say it feels as though a nut has come loose and is now on the end of the bolt on the other side of the chassis :D

I've heard of this happening to others. Your right there is a welded nut on the innerside and it can sometime break off causing the problem your describing.

I've heard you can get at the nut by pulling up the carpets and cutting a small hole in the floor on the inside, sounds extreme but may be the only way.

Now thats what I heard, no evidence to back it up so be sure before you start cutting the floor! Could maybe put something up the bolt hole and hit it with a hammer to see if it leaves a small mark on the floor on the inside, then you'd know where to make the cut.

It has a captive nut inside the foot well, I had mine go on me so I peeled back the carpet and started to peel the sound proofing away witch leaves a recess and hopefully the solution to the problem(as far as I can remember there was not any cutting involved but spuddy has the right idea of refrencing the point to cut and dont worry inside the foot well isnt going to affect the structure of your car as long as u don't cut it all out :lol: ) . Now I did this on my 82 in the drivers foot well. what I'm saying is its not the end of the world so don't despair......

cheers for the replies guys...

if i can get to the nut from the inside then i may just put a standard nut on the back if i can make a hole inside to fit a extended socket down and just cover it over incase i ever need to get there again :s

Dreading fitting mine now :lol:

any idea if this is common on the EP82 or does it affect the EP91 too?

It went okay on mine, not impressed at the fact they've changed them to allen style bolts though! Yet to fit it to the GT..

right found the little hole in the footwell under the sound deadening and i can feel the loose nut and end of the bolt. may just have to grind a little panel out to give me a little more acess and then hopefully get it sorted

• 1 year later...

No lad, if you lift your carpet and scrap away/chisel the sounddeadening inside the car, roughl where the bolt should be you can just about get at it. U might need to widen the hole abit to get at it. I would tack the bolt back in place with a stick welder

@mcglinchey dont be shy about takin a fews photos, mighy help the next man

This happened me but luckily it was whem removing it from my crashed sportif. Havnt had the heart to fit it to my new S but I might peel back the carpet and re weld the nuts on this car. Loved the gokart feel from the extra castor.

How did u get on lad. Are u from tyrone?

This happened me but luckily it was whem removing it from my crashed sportif. Havnt had the heart to fit it to my new S but I might peel back the carpet and re weld the nuts on this car. Loved the gokart feel from the extra castor.

How did u get on lad. Are u from tyrone?

Yea I'm from Tyrone.. Should get the car back tomorrow and ill pull the carpet back and take it from there..