who was after poly cv bushes?

In all fairness, best ones are the rubber pattern ones as they flex and dont crack, always coat mine with silicon grease to keep them in good nick and never once failed, genuine toyota and the poly ones crack and wear easy due to being very stiff

D

Wrong...

The poly ones are too thin, mine exploded and splattered grease everywhere within a week..

Phil was after some because he'd tried everything else... I believe he has other problems causing his to fail like that though, must have :s

The genuine ones managed 40,000miles on my car in stock trim and believe me they are the best ones to get!

Wrong...

The poly ones are too thin, mine exploded and splattered grease everywhere within a week..

Phil was after some because he'd tried everything else... I believe he has other problems causing his to fail like that though, must have :s

The genuine ones managed 40,000miles on my car in stock trim and believe me they are the best ones to get!

Wrong? I dont think so. Dependant on the manufacturer the quality varies, and when I ran a set I found they were too stiff, not enough flex in them. Same with the genuine ones. The rubber items are far better as they have the flex and elasticity. I've always used the rubber ones and never had one split that i've replaced yet, including dads almera which has covered 62000 miles in the time we've owned it. So in all fairness. far from wrong. Just different experiences:)

D

Wrong? I dont think so. Dependant on the manufacturer the quality varies, and when I ran a set I found they were too stiff, not enough flex in them. Same with the genuine ones. The rubber items are far better as they have the flex and elasticity. I've always used the rubber ones and never had one split that i've replaced yet, including dads almera which has covered 62000 miles in the time we've owned it. So in all fairness. far from wrong. Just different experiences:)

D

Im running a damn sight more power then you and the poly ones didnt last 2 mins. Ive had some soft and stiff ones... The OEM ones are by far the best ones.... Just make sure you dont overpack the grease...

Im running a damn sight more power then you and the poly ones didnt last 2 mins. Ive had some soft and stiff ones... The OEM ones are by far the best ones.... Just make sure you dont overpack the grease...

For now;) But anyway, regardless of power, its everyday driving what kills the polys. I do alot of b road driving and tbh, the rubber ones have proved the most effective. The poly's are far too stiff, same with some OEM ones. Just depends on the brand and style of driving. QH are a favourite of mine. I ran a set on my LET corsa and never had one split. Ran those for 40k miles at 250-300. First set of OEM ones I used split after 2k miles due to being too stiff. Overpacking has never been an issue either.

D