So after my Mum's old Leon Cupra got written off Clicky, and we got the insurance money the long search for a replacement began! Looked again at MK4 Golf GT TDi, MK5 Golf TDis and Mondeo ST TDCis, but we ended up going for another Leon haha

-55 plate rare FR+ TDi model, FSH

-Factory fitted LCR kit and 17" LCR Wheels refurbed in (I think) Ford Signal Gray

Came with:

-6000k HIDs

-2.5" turbo back exhaust with LCR style tip (the chatter on lift off sounds awesome hehe)

Scevenged these bits off the old one and fitted them:

-Alpine USB Head Unit

-Stubby aerial

-Green Cotton panel air filter

-Skoda Fabia rear wiper

-Got tints done all round thanks to Ali_legend :)

It's generally a bit fresher looking than the old one, but drive sooo much better! Not sure if the car has a Cupra R suspension too but it does corner so much flatter than the old Cupra! Did about 630miles in it last week and loved every minute, it's lovely to drive and did 570 to a tank of mixed driving :p

Some pics after a quick detailing session

IMAG0121_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0128_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0132_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0134_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0160_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0161_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0162_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0163_tonemapped.jpg

IMAG0164_tonemapped.jpg

And the tints..I will try to get some more pics soon. Went for legal up front and 50% in the rear

fb0a0738.jpg

Future plans:

-Uprated clutch

-Perhaps strut braces

-312mm TT front brake conversion

-Remap

-Private plate

Getting Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres fitted all round within the next week and need to get the S3 front lower brace I bought ages ago finally fitted, no idea how to fit rivnuts to the chassis lol

What do you guys think?

Amjad

Looks awesome Amjad!
Cars looking minty bro!!!! P.s Tints looking pengggg. anyone want tints holla :(

Nice one lads! :)

so this is the "red tdi" model.

i was looking at one of these.

what is the milage? and how much did it set you back?

You don't get the TDi badges on Seat models & PM on the way

very nice mate, took a cupra petrol round angelsey track wen thy wer a few years old and my god thy fun to thw round was not going very fast but sliding all over the show. looked mint and pure tyre squeel.

chris

Cheers Chris! It drives well but I would like to stiffen it up a bit for more fun! Can't lower it anymore as it already scrapes the lip a bit around town :p

Fitted LED Fog spotlights, ordered some LED Festoon bulbs for the puddle/numberplate lights and some Aero wipers. Will get pics up when they're arrived and fitted :p

Amjad

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd throw up some pics as it's been clean recently. Nothing to update bar the aero wipers can be seen lol :p

Also fitted a new Sony X-Plod USB headunit, a lot better than the older Alpine one :)

20120106_114640-2.jpg

20120106_114739-2.jpg

20120106_114746-2.jpg

20120215_171757-3.jpg

20120215_171836-2.jpg

Being used to Starlets I forget how comfortable this thing is to drive! Eyeing up prices for clutch upgrade and 312mm TT brakes :p

Amjad

I think it's between £70-80 to fill the tank, MPG is a bit worse this time of year because of the cold I managed 45mpg going to Reading and back the other day with some town driving. Last summer I was easily getting between 50-55mpg on motorway runs with a bit of town driving!

I think in the summer we got like 725 miles off a full tank, I really wanna get an eco remap done though to extract a bit more oomph and more mpg

• 3 months later...