Right i'll try to explain this the best i can! Basically at the minute my car is running pretty shite when feathering the throttle and just 'tootling' around but if i put my foot down the problem seems to disappear. When i first start the car in a morning it idles fine but when first driving off theres like a slight missfire and the revs drop and go back to normal again. When driving along normally at, lets say, 40-50mph in 5th (so revs are just over the 2k mk) the car seems to judder a lot but only when im not applying much force to the accelerator. As said above, if i put my foot down it all seems fine. I also get a lot of juddering when on roundabouts (slower speeds of about 20mph).

I've had a compression test done and that came back at 170 (iirc) across all cylinders. Spark plugs are brand new, magnecor leads are new, dizzy is new+ rotar arm. The garage who checked all this for me said it must be because im running on 95ron fuel so i then changed to 99ron and i'm still getting the same problems. After having a look through my service history i noticed the fuel filter was changed only last year so that can't be the problem either. I'm running a BLITZ ecu with a TD04 if that makes any difference. Really want to get to the bottom of this now!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

From reading up on the guy who last had it on TGTT, he had it on rollers and set up properly. Suppose there's no harm in getting my fueling checked again at TD though.

I was thinking maybe the timing is slightly out? Not sure what kind of symptoms that gives but I've heard it can make the car run like shit?

From reading up on the guy who last had it on TGTT, he had it on rollers and set up properly. Suppose there's no harm in getting my fueling checked again at TD though.

I was thinking maybe the timing is slightly out? Not sure what kind of symptoms that gives but I've heard it can make the car run like shit?

it might have been set up for his car and was fine, but he didnt have the same ecu, fuel pump, injectors, fuel pressure, fuel rail as you.

so that can make differences.

get it checked mate, could be a lean spot as socks said

if not, getting it on the dyno and recreating it will always help diagnose problems

it might have been set up for his car and was fine, but he didnt have the same ecu, fuel pump, injectors, fuel pressure, fuel rail as you.

so that can make differences.

get it checked mate, could be a lean spot as socks said

if not, getting it on the dyno and recreating it will always help diagnose problems

I bought his car lol :) it's all the same, I haven't changed a thing. I looked at his posts on TGTT and he had 10 runs on ScoobyClinics rollers to get it set up the best they could and it was near on perfect at 0.9bar apparently. This is why I'm starting to think it's not fuel related.

The guys at TD know what they're doing anyway so hopefully they can find out whats wrong :p

I bought his car lol :) it's all the same, I haven't changed a thing. I looked at his posts on TGTT and he had 10 runs on ScoobyClinics rollers to get it set up the best they could and it was near on perfect at 0.9bar apparently. This is why I'm starting to think it's not fuel related.

The guys at TD know what they're doing anyway so hopefully they can find out whats wrong :p

oh sorry mate. i forogt we were talking about your gt.

i was still hinking of the td04 kit on your glanza.

well good luck on getting it sorted, im sure somebody will notice something

Think I've sorted this issue now!

Turns out that the boost line from the inlet manifold to my boost gauge was cable tied around the wires coming from the 4th fuel injector to keep it tidy. This has been tugging on the injector when driving causing the hiccups! Me happy again now :thumbsup: lol

Think I've sorted this issue now!

Turns out that the boost line from the inlet manifold to my boost gauge was cable tied around the wires coming from the 4th fuel injector to keep it tidy. This has been tugging on the injector when driving causing the hiccups! Me happy again now :thumbsup: lol

Just one of those things lol! Glad you got it sorted:)

D

I know my cars got a different engine but I had the same problem, it was the o2/lambda playing up and I had removed the charcoal canister and was running a vaccuum line straight onto the fuel tank breather, instead of through it, this caused almost exactly the same problem.

Simple fix blocked the vaccuum line and left the breather going to atmosphere :thumbsup:

Just something else to consider

• 3 weeks later...