I'm an absalute idiot.

Ah about 2 weeks ago i locked my keys in the car, and i called the AA out and they came out and unlocked the car in about two seconds with a bit of cable tie and some plastic bit to pull the door back, then last night about 5.40pm i went to cardiff bay with my girlfriend to go to the cinema and did it again! only this time i left them in the ignition (no idea how) and it was pissing down with rain, so i went to the security to get some cable ties and a screw driver, but everytime i got the cable tie on the door pin inside it would slip off, in the end i was there for 2 hours trying to do this, i got absalutley soaked and drenched, i havent been that wet in years, no sexual enundo intended. My mum was in a lecture and as im not covered by the AA myself, my mum is and she needed to be there, she was useless. so i just carried on, cut a long story short i stood in the rain calling everyone i knew untill i eventually got the AA out to come and do it because i phoned my sister, and because my girlfriend was with me, i got her to pretend she was my sister while the AA were there. but i didnt leave the car park untill 10.50, i was there for over 5 hours in the pissing rain.

I hope someone has had a worser experience than me with this to make me feel a little bit better, also i snapped my winddeflector in the process wich im very annoyed about :) please share your stories about this!

When i supposed to be in work a few weeks ago, i came in about an hour late having locked my keys in the car, and they didnt have a go at me, they all just started calling me delboy instead.

But last night was horrible, just standing in the rain for 5 or so hours, fiddling with a cable tie inside my car trying to get it around the door pin. horrible. i can only pray that i dont do it again

I got spare keys made up for it because i knew this would happen one day, but i hid them in my house somewhere and i hid them so well i couldent even find them myself. so i will have to get some more cut, payday tomorrow which means buying shit loads for my car. also is there any other way of getting a spare key cut for starting the car? because the keys have an imobilser and i dont fancy paying loads to have a proper one made up. i got a key cut before ust for the doors and boot etc

The old punto i had was a bitch for it. Often left the car running while i went to the gf house to get the Spare key. The button used to just slide down and lock when you closed the door so after doing it about 5 times aload of duck tape around the button to keep it up lol. Many a times the car would be left running parked up while i either waited for the gf to come up or go down with one of the lads to get key.

did the exact same thing.. but in portsmouth like 100 or so miles away from home.. and my spare key.

spent about an hour on my own walking to b and q to find potential tools to get into it.. after bending the weather strip on the passenger door, and making a slight dent in the car trying to prize the door open i gave up and called AA.

bear in my mind i was skint as fuck back then and i was seathing at how stupid id been. keys were staring at me in the ignition.

took me about 2 hours before i gave up, AA turn up literally 20 seconds and they were in.

funny when i look back at it lol

Im definatley getting a sticker on my Dash saying dont forget your keys, and getting a spare key and giving it to the mrs is an amazing idea! its made me feel a little bit better now though knowing im not the only idiot out there :) so depressing for just 5 hours being taunted by your own keys in the ignition staring at you through the window, and having the cable ties inside the car but just not quite reaching the door pin.

LOL im suprised nobody has brought up last years JAE :D haha

i slept in the car last year after i had my pillows and blanket stolen by my 'mates' and my keys fell onto the seat while i was sleeping. obviously i got out without the keys, but left the car open until i had found the keys to lock it. whilst i was searching for it in the tent, my mate thought he'd be lovely and helpful and lock the doors for me...

with the keys on the seat, by this time everyone was starting to leave JAE while i had to stay and wait for my grandad to bring the spare up to me, because there was no way i was going to be smashing or breaking anything, knowing that i had a spare key in my house, 150+ miles away :)

good times :(

LOL im suprised nobody has brought up last years JAE :D haha

i slept in the car last year after i had my pillows and blanket stolen by my 'mates' and my keys fell onto the seat while i was sleeping. obviously i got out without the keys, but left the car open until i had found the keys to lock it. whilst i was searching for it in the tent, my mate thought he'd be lovely and helpful and lock the doors for me...

with the keys on the seat, by this time everyone was starting to leave JAE while i had to stay and wait for my grandad to bring the spare up to me, because there was no way i was going to be smashing or breaking anything, knowing that i had a spare key in my house, 150+ miles away :)

good times :(

hahahah! ive slept in my car before, its actually quite comfy lying down on the back seats with a cushion, but being woken up by the postman when your in your boxers in someone elses street isnt very nice. but yeah same, there was no way i was smashing a window, the option was always there but i just couldent do that to my car :D