right on boost it smokes above 0.5 bar. its hard to make out what colour the smoke is due to having back tinted window but it looks white ish. but boosts fine like it always has.

the oils fine and so is the coolant if not a little near over flowing but it hasnt moved for a few days.

the car idles just below 1k it idles fine but to me it doesnt feel right

but on idle is hardly smokes at all on when it does it just looks like condensation

ive taken a vid not the best but you can kinda see what colour the smoke is to me looks blue ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o57JuQJMTo

thanks

you been tonking it and not let it cool down? :) Might be the seals... Take the filter off and see what the shaft play is like. There any leaks? Stabbing in the dark really unless theres something more obvious under the bonnet.

dont be silly boyo il take a look

check the pcv valve and engine breather buddy. Its a possibitily

cheers buddy il check it

i had a kink in my breather pipe once and it did the exact same thing. It can cause the sump to pressurize and cause the oil draining out the turbo to be restricted and pass out the seals. Even a brand new turbo would do it if breather system was blocked. Not saying its 100% that but it worth ruling out before spending money

blue smoke on throttle is gonna be:

turbo seals

piston rings

headgasket failure between cylinder and oil way

or

blocked breather

Check for shaft play like adam said.. ct9's are getting on abit now! :)

Compression test will enlighten you the ring wear... see wat psi u can build on a warm engine! May also show h/g failure, though that is a long shot!

clean breathers out, but very unlikely! Only thing that can really fail on breather setup is pcv valve. but just unplugging it and blanking it off from inlet you can easily rule that out?

Good Luck Lew!

it still boosts strong thats what i dont get. but obviously not giving it any more beans till its fixed.

what are my options?

get the ct9 recon if its the seals

the smoke looks white with a hint of blue not much though

the water temp is a constant 80 not over heating at all

the car does stand for sometimes 4 weeks without moving so im thinking maybe just a load of crap in the exhaust maybe its just running rich

if the car stands for long periods of times... the valve stem seals could be the culprit... but tbh lew... 90% sure it will be the ct9 oil seals..

the oil seals failiing wont effect how it boosts or performs if its only smoking a little bit....

Imo, go TD04 or find a low milage healthy ct9... Hybrids i just cant justify there costs...

Can yu shed some light on above, if it stands for long periods of time why it would be valve stem seals?

just interested as i know mine wont be driven all the time. sorry for thread hijack.

sam

oil seals if left unused for long periods of time can become frail and start to fail... weather it be stem seals, oil seal in turbo... they all suffer from it... if you plan on leaving your car for long periods of time id recommend running it up to temp every now and then to keep things circulating :)

if the car stands for long periods of times... the valve stem seals could be the culprit... but tbh lew... 90% sure it will be the ct9 oil seals..

the oil seals failiing wont effect how it boosts or performs if its only smoking a little bit....

Imo, go TD04 or find a low milage healthy ct9... Hybrids i just cant justify there costs...

would i not be able to get my ct9 reconed? i will be going forged in the future just not yet