Standard TMIC restrictive at what boost?

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing an ARC TMIC, as I'm going to be running a bar of boost soon, but was wondering if I will see much improvement over keeping the standard TMIC at a bar of boost?

What are the limits of the standard TMIC? :p

Thanks. B)

you can run what you want buddy, the top mounts are very efficent! After coming off the motoway on mine at 0.8bar the cold side pipe was freezing...

tbh they will work upto and over 1bar im sure...

but you aint going to beat an alloy front mounted intercooler! There good for mad boost levels!

Thanks for the replies chaps. :p

I'm thinking of sticking with the standard TMIC then if it will be fine at 1 bar. Would I see much of an improvement with an ARC TMIC than the standard one at the same boost level, or would that only come in to effect during long runs and after being stationary?

I think Tim from TB developments done some inlet temp tests on an ARC top mount befor running 1bar on a ct9 and after only 6min or so of full throttle the heat was that much Tim said he dosnt know how the engine coped!!!! i cant remember what the temperature was but it was high lol at the end of the day its a 1.3 engine with a little turbo thats runnig 1bar so every bit of cool air you can throw at it do so and a fmic it the best way to go if you want the best performance

id personaly get a fmic. but if your gonna go down the arc tmic route just make sure u plan to stick with it ive seen a few come up for sale and they seem to sit for ages not selling untill some insane price drops take place