Cold Winter Times

With the weather getting ridiculously cold over the past few days I thought we could post up some top tips on how to avoid gettin into 'd up situations this winter!! For starters my heater doesnt seem to be working very well and my car struggled to start this morning! With motorway driving in the early mornings I think im gonna change a few bits and bobs (battery, alternator, maybe the fuel filter too).

What dyu guys think anything you need to change to make sure the starlet doesnt let u down this winter?

And you was very lucky Ste. Still makes me cringe seeing that pic again.

First things first make sure you have antifreeze in your coolant!

You could try back flushing your heater matrix to unblock it seem as its not total blocked yet before you add antifreeze

dont know if it's gonna help but i've heard leave the handbrake off as they stick...................

Brakes tend to stick on regardless. Slightest bit of moisture in the air and the pads stick to disc lol. Happened other night as car had been washed. Went to reverse off the drive and heard an odd noise till the back brakes freed off lol

D

Yeah I was one of the lucky ones, but every year there's always a few accidents posted up on different forums. :)

I'd just advise people to avoid bad weather in their EP's. Get a shit car for winter with some winter tyres (would do this myself but don't have any money - one of many repercussions of that accident).

This is my list....i do alot of motorway mileage so need to be prepared

antifreeze mixture is correct in the car

wax and protect you car as best you can throw a good few layers of something like collinite esp around the arches

get a big fuck off bottle of de-icer its being sold in asda and such place now as we speak and a sturdy plastic scraper not a shitty one

keep some extra cash/change in the car incase you need to bus it or w/e or you need to fill up

extra water/oil/tool kit for the car

piece of spare carpet or two to shove under the tyres if you get stuck and a piece of cardboard for the rad on long trips to get some heat into the coolant for the heaters

decent car mats, double up if you can

spare bulb set and a set of wipers

swap the space saver out for a full size tyre of something close to what you have on the car

The above should see you fit....oh and some gloves/hat/water proof coat wouldnt do any harm