FAO steve_GT

as i said, what fucks me off is the way it was all done and the unoriginal name adopted.

by all means please develop the scene. but do it originally, how can you develop a new group when its another existing site simply rehashed. not exactly unique or original. im not sayin UKSC is leading the way with forums and clubs, but we're no cheap knock-off tryig to take advantage of the hard work of other people.

but advertise away. UKSC will be grand no matter how many similarly named sites appear. folk know what UKSC does and they like it.

FYI Socks has removed his forum and forwarded the domain names to UKSC of his own free will. no one else is advertising similarly named sites to this one ON this site.

i received alot of messages from various members both of the forum and the UKSC FB group saying how disgusted they were at the opportunistic attempt by starletclub.co.uk to have a swipe at UKSC's identity as soon as we had a problem and where was the UKSC family spirit in it! seems its not just me who got fucked off and disgusted at it.

Phil.

Agreed with Ollie

Socks as well very nobely removed his site on the day it was launched and even said to me he loves Uksc too much then told geo he's removed it too. He could have been a prick about it but the good of Uksc was in his mind and luckily for us we've kept a good helpful active member

As Phil said we'd never try and stop any other clubs coming along just under the circumstances of starletclub.co.uk coming along we feel it's the right decision to not have it advertised on here. Many other forums don't allow it full stop were not normally like that

first off I know 100% it was steve_GT thats why I called him out and why I didn't call you out and then lukeSR had a dabble to. You tell me I'm lieing!

Second, why is there two people metioned on this thead (No.1 paul..... No.2 Sheriff) they are not me I'm not them they have no ref to me in the slightest what they do is there doing, what I do is my doing if you have a beef with them go see/talk/pm them this my Profile my sig, no one elses, no else has/should have control over it as its password protected, I'm the only one that knows it. I dont even know about TOCIRL that site has nothing to do with me I'm not a member I dont have a build thread on there.

Why didn't steve PM me before removing it? He could of done but he didnt he had no intention of doing or he would have done the first time he removed the url at at around 3pm this afternoon or the second time at around 5pm.

I'm not robbing anything Im not tring to take anything from anyone I never have I'm actually a very generous person I've never been out to make money out of what I've sold infact after paying off my out of pocket expenses I practically gave my stickers away and refuesed money off people at shows which is my choice. I even though I trusted the members untill I started getting my sticker bag back with stickers missing but hay I didn't complain. I should Have know better to think the stickers I prob would have given away anyway, which that choice was taken from me.

and about the name of the site which was not my choice to, if it were called VWGolfclub.co.uk would you have gone there looking for starlets?? Bit of a stupid question really! Its not a carbon copy its a website, I didnt have a beef about other people selling stickers on here at the same time as me as you know. The fact the site offers other features not availible here That I want and if it means moving my build over there I will..... my choice again.

and above you have not answered my question even though you have submitted as one and ended up just rambbling on about other people, what is the real reason my sig was deleted?

I did try pming you as I said my internets down and it's taking me about 5 attempts to send a post as it keeps coming back with ips drive error on my iPhone which I've got very little signal on

Your sig was removed as under the circumstances it was made we didn't want it advertised on here. We've (including yourself) worked very hard to get this site where it is and trying to opportunise on our problems when other sites like Tgtt were trying to help our members know what's going on with Uksc wasn't the best thing so we didn't want it advertising on here. Nothing against you at all just you chose to advertise it in your sig

oh my god read what i posted i explained why it was removed...BECAUSE OF THE SITE IT IS ADVERTISING! im sorry HOW is that not clear!

and as i said, keep your sig!

"its not a carbon copy" - perhaps i will be pedantic - obviously its not a CARBON copy, that would take some doing to COMPLETELY rip off UKSC, but are u gonna sit there and tell me that the concept of the site, and its name, doesnt bear a somewhat striking resemblance to us? really? the "Starlet Club UK Admin" didnt get ANY of their ideas from UKSC....seriously?

hmmmm, think i'll start my own site, maybe call it www.gtturbotoyota.com - how original. see my point? Jay would hardly let me advertise that on his site if i opportunistically fired it up during a TGTT technical hitch would he!

i will say this one more time - it was removed because of THE SITE you are advertising. this site and its admin have attempted to capitalise on the downtime experienced by this club and the frustration that people felt during that time. Why, why , why in the name of God would we want to allow ANYONE not just you to advertise that place on this site???? we allow TGTT and tocirl because they never tried to have off with our fucking domain name. we, the UKSC Admin, can choose who we do and do not allow to advertise on this forum, same way TOC didnt let Geo and Shelly advertise UKSC on there i 2005. Fact.

id also like to echo Steve's comment that this isnt aimed at you personally, whether u choose to accept that or not, probably not given the tone of this thread, i doubt we'l be sharing a pint any time in the near future after this, but its not, its aimed at the site you are advertising on the site it tried to kill off by buying its domain name. 7 years of hard work, gone in a matter of seconds because some clown you know wants to use it for himself. you're prepared to sit and watch that are you? 7 years worth, gone, the name sold to someone else to demolish. i thought u liked UKSC yet u advertise for the people who tried to ruin us? please explain.

Phil.

It is entirely up to admin discretion to remove anything that is deemed inappropriate or harmful towards other members or the site itself without the permission of the owner of the user profile. Its the same way when for sale threads are immediately deleted, simply because people don't read the rules in bold text to use the template... If its for the best of the site, it will be done, hands down.

A warning or contact is not needed if the case is deemed severe by uksc admin's judgement which I'm sure most of us all trust.

I don't see any problem with that. Please try and read what Phil and Steve are trying to say and calmly give us a clear explanation.

We are not doubting your generosity and support towards the site (past and present or shifting the blame onto you), myself especially as you helped generously with the tsunami donations.

Something doesn't add up so if you have any problems with the site or admin please speak now.

Thank you

Joz

I do like UKSC and I would certanly go for a pint with you if offered I like your banter and company.

Yeh I can see there is an answer in there somewhere its just you ramble on to much and my mind wonders.

I dont think anyone could demolish/ruin UKSC reputation and one link in a forum of 1000s or members/user will not make any difference in the sligtest, which is why I asked my original question. I was shocked at how quickly it was removed a if i was under observation where others go unquestioned. Do I now seem singled out to you? Even though it I wasnt singled out?

first off I know 100% it was steve_GT thats why I called him out and why I didn't call you out and then lukeSR had a dabble to. You tell me I'm lieing!

Second, why is there two people metioned on this thead (No.1 paul..... No.2 Sheriff) they are not me I'm not them they have no ref to me in the slightest

Several points i wish to raise with respect to this:

they have no ref to you? You state on facebook your "bro" made the site as per the below image:

Untitled1.jpg

admittedly, this does not necessarily mean he is kin to you, could be another term for mate. or your brother made it for someone else which i suspect is the case.

then, when we go to starletclub.co.uk we get this:

Untitled2.jpg

so...the guy behind the forum is Sheriff, who has been trying to buy our name and put us out of business. And your bro started the site. those two points are both clear.

you can see how from the second image we can easily assume that Sheriff does infact own starletclub.co.uk, or am i making an incorrect assumption based on the fact he is the entire admin of the site. whatever the story, it is clear your brother made the site, he may not own it, but your own words are that he made it.

and to directly answer the above, im fairly sure its obvious that you were singled out. of course you were, i dont understand why you would ask that question?? are you infact not the only person advertising that site in your signature????? by virtue of the fact that you are, then of course u are singled out.

you want the story here it is:

1. I spotted a post by you today.

2. I spotted your sig.

3. I started a thread in the admin lounge asking for opinions as i find the thought of promoting them here disgusting given their actions which u have not addressed.

4. Steve decided to remove the sig as is his want as manager.

5. I defended his actions based on the prior actions of the site you are advertising.

simple as that.

Phil.

As stated take that up with him its not mine I didnt make it I had no input into designing/making/buying it. I'm am though using the site. Just like I use this site and many others.

you use UKSC and yet promote for the people who tried to put us out of business for their own gain?

really?

i dont care who anyone advertises for, im happy to advertise for the Northern Ireland Italian Motors Club, but then, they didnt try to ruin us.

the fact remains you are arguing to be allowed to promote a site that for a period of 4 months ACTIVELY sought to shut us down by taking our name, and the second we had a hitch, they pop up like vultures.

i dont know who these clowns are but their entire brainfart is simply out fucking standing.

a round of applause for their ingenuity and desire to put effort into something.

here's the final say, that site wont be allowed to advertise on here unless there is a great big link to UKSC on their home page. you make that happen and we'll talk about a joint venture and letting them advertise on here. until then, as far as we are concerned, they wont be advertised on UKSC in any capacity. im fairly sure thats pretty clear.

Phil.

What gain? Do you know of one? because I don't. If I'm right the site is compleatly gain free infact I believe that he has paid in full for everything out of his owen pocket with no intention of gaining anything.

Which I know you don't gain it all done for the love and respect. I'm not gaining either.

whos gaining?

and ruin where's the ruin? UKSC is thriving and I don't understand where the worry is its being ruined.

Im sorry i really am not following you luke.

you dont see how he would gain by having uksc closed down by taking our domain name for the benefit of his own club? its kinda obvious, everyone going to www.ukstarletclub.com would then be directed to his site, as he would own the name....yes? no?? fairly sure thats how it works.

so, UKSC would then have 2 options. Shut down. Or start over with a fresh ID because some lazy ass prat who didnt wana put in his own effort to developing a name simply took ours. leaving us to start over as "we-used-to-be-uk-starlet-club.com-until-we-were-robbed.co.uk"

you are avoiding the point i am asking you to address. you're asking how we would be ruined. well, clearly NOW we're not, because we still have our name and more than 19 members.

point is, this clown, and please, tell him i called him a clown, i wont mind, TRIED TO TAKE OUR NAME! to use for his own club. and you seem to think i should accept that fucking shit lying down. we have met Luke, u do realise UKSC means as much to me as my car. if this tool tried to take my car and say it was his work are you saying i should accept that bollox too?

would you please please please provide some justification as to why this is:

1. Ok.

2. you feel its ok.

3. it should then be ok to promote such a devious little prick's efforts on this site! the very site he tried to acquire the identity of.

im asking for an explanation.

you asked for one. i gave it to you. the least u can do is extend the same curteousy to me.

Phil.

I dont see how I can answer for someone else. I'm no mind reader. Its still not my site.

I dont see him as devious or see him as trying to take over so my responce will be biased. The site ias it is has features I desire hence why my build thread is there.

you dont see him as devious??

bollox. after all these years u try to feed me that?? the guy u hugged at JAE?? u feed me that utter bollox?? no bother, i know where we stand then.

he's your mate and u know full well he tried to buy our name.

clearly your not prepared to answer or defend him.

in which case, u wont mind if we remove your sig and tag line. if your not so fussed as to defend him, u wont be so fussed as to promote him. logically follows no???

your mates forum can be advertised elsewhere. if your not that bothered about him trying to take our name i cant see u being too bothered about not using UKSC then?? esp if we dont have all the features u want?? in fact, why get in such a tizzy about your sig if everything u want is over there?

u demanded an explanation and when confronted u back down. super. all the best with your new site, i hope it develops the way u want it to.

cheers. :(

Phil.