Not a 7afe no, the newer 2zzge engine from the 190hp gen 7 celica has been put in one tho.

I could fit a 7afe in mine now if I wanted to as I have a 4age in it, and since its an 'a' series it should now bolt in.

I dont see what you would achieve from a 7afe tho there what 130-40hp?? just 4efte it and you would have that power alot easier and cheaper :)

• 2 weeks later...

7age isn't worth the hassle from what I've gathered less revability of the 4age with slight torque gains, plus to do it propperly you need a porsche 922 cambelt or something like that and that puts the cam gears out slightly so then pulleys are needed. then an ecu is needed.

stick a 20v bt 4age in it and have a 160hp and 120lbft ready and waiting with out any of the other hassles :(

• 3 weeks later...

Not worth the hassle tbh if your guna do it atleast as a minimum drop a 91 spec 4age in 130hp 115lbft. But apart from cost of the engine u may then just aswel put a 20v in 165hp 121lbft, all these would need the same amount of work to fit :)

The 7afe would pull ok but you would get bored of it really quickly I would imagine lol

the guy on here has a corolla that has fitted a 3sge in his. had a 4efte in it before.

hes used a combination of mounts from other toyotas to fit.

now surely if hes fitted a 3sge into what 4efte engine mounts also fit, then this would be possible right? please someone enlighten me as would be interesting prospect for people surely.

sam

I've got the 3sge corolla, it may not be possible to fit the engine as it would be a very tight squeeze into the starlet bay...

i was using corolla mounts with the 4efte not starlet mounts...

but if you want to know, i used a rav4 cambelt side mount and mix of corolla/celica mounts for the front, rear and gearbox side..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

That's in a corolla, so no real modification is required, the mount is similar to ours so that's another way to look at it, but in a starlet the chassis rail will have to be cut one side or the other!

That one even had the lower cradle bar for both front andrear gearbox mounts would just bolt up.

No but they say its a corolla, I'm assure you it is a wider floor plan, I've studied 'a' series swaps in ep's and you will have to do a bit of cutting somewhere.

The only way you could possibly avoid it is to mount it 2" lower than mine which would make things incredibly close to the floor but you would still loose power steering. Or find a very stubby gearbox from somewhere.