Question regarding avatar

Folks,

I have a question.

The image I have as my avatar, it was made by a mate of mine many many moons ago, and it appears that neither him or I have the original file anymore.

I believe the file was uploaded directly to the forum from my pc back then, and the forum then resized it to what we see now.

my question is this....is there anyway to retrieve the file as it was uploaded into the forum?? is that file stored anywhere within the forum software that it could be retrieved from??

I asked my mate could he redo it but he doesn't have the program/tools he had then, and if i try to blow it up in paint or whatever it just pixelates like mad.

can any of you IT gurus lend any insight into what is probably a daft question??????????

Cheers,

Phil.

I wouldnt know the anser to any of the questions lol but...... have a graphics mate whos very good with sevral computer programs so will ask about him saving it and resizing and smoothing it out as he goes. cant promise anything but can ask. what size do you want it dude?.

P.s id imagine it must be stored somewhere on the forum but more than likley in its current size.