Iddy's Winter Project

Hi guys,

Another winter and another project, I always get tempted to buy a Starlet to keep me busy over the winter months (as if the yellow one isn't enough) :(

Most of you guys will be familiar with this, it's Kennedy's old 97 Glanza. She runs sweet but needs some attention mainly on the bodywork, the interior is missing some plastic trims but that's nothing to worry about just yet. My plans are to get the bodywork sorted, this will involve a full new ID-Workz front end, a new spoiler, new sideskirts and maybe a rear bumper too. There is a small chance she will be lucky enough for a respray, but time will tell. :p

The day after collecting her, pure filth both inside and out:

0a93abb1.jpg

f41ec64a.jpg

Amazing how much difference a thorough wash can make!

a649fe4c.jpg

8142c3ce.jpg

Right, on to the work. My first job was to remove the front end including the eyelids and fit the new wings and bonnet.

379e0bdd.jpg

New bonnet and bumper trial fitted:

976a5706.jpg

Then the wings also removed:

c1ce2db2.jpg

Next on the list is to get the ID-Workz wings and bumper fitted then get a pair of bonnet pins fitted. Once that is done, I can decide where to go with it next.

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to look different to others I can assure you :D

A little update..

I gave her an oil & filter change then ended up removing the Air con while I was at it.

Replacing this:

cbc0f8a0.jpg

With this:

31ec042c.jpg

I still need to change the spark plugs as I don't know when they were last replaced!

AC out:

468b7f8a.jpg

The radiator was refilled with fresh coolant and fitted with a set of blue Samco hoses and Roose Motorsport turbo water hoses. No pics of them though.

Then finally... She got moved to her new home. Its not huge but there's enough space to work on the car and I'm hoping it's a little warmer than my garage at home.

515f6d23.jpg

4f8c7de7.jpg

44044c1c.jpg