CJ Crank Pulley Users

russleh - thats the cam pulley :)

although iddy, i think i have found why yours is that way. was sifting through ebay and found this. its an underdrive pulley from a tercel which uses both 4e and 5e perhaps they bought something like this (i know the design is different to yours but could explain why yours was a different shape)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43ab157aeb

yer ive been wondering about this as i have both the adjustable cam gear and lightned pulleys. wondering if you (james) could send a pm out expplaining the situation. or start a thread explaining.

just i wanna know the parts ive bought are gonna fit before going to do so. would be helpful mate

cheers

sam

Right some off the cam pulleys fit(ie bens pulley) some do no not , ive had the rest of my stock machined for a little more clearance and will be picking them up monday.

To confirm the rest of the pulleys fit although you may need to take a touch off the rear of the alyernator.pulley again thos will be down to the type of alternator you have.

Once I have the cam pulleys back on monday I will do a recall on ones that are yet to e fitted and thn pm each individual to sort out exchange :)

Cant say fairer than that ;) for the benifit of the 4paw boys if you are using the 4paw alternator then your alternator pully dosnt fit the shaft and will need drilling out to match the thicker shaft. you could use a gt/v alternator but the 4paw one is far more manly so id advise using it. this is merly a helpful pointer and tbh james could not of forseen that atal without owening a 4wd starlet :-)

russleh - thats the cam pulley :)

although iddy, i think i have found why yours is that way. was sifting through ebay and found this. its an underdrive pulley from a tercel which uses both 4e and 5e perhaps they bought something like this (i know the design is different to yours but could explain why yours was a different shape)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43ab157aeb

Mine is a 5E-FHE so could well be due to this. All sorted now though! :)

I had the same problem with the alternator pulley but made a 0.8mm spacer/washer and re-attached the pulley and spins freely now but with out this the pulley would grip on the alternator and not turn.

Have yet to fix the crank pulley but have gauged up the cj's pulley to the original pulley and they look pretty much the same so hopefully all goes well.

I have the crank, power steering alternator fitted with a OEM water pump and Cam pulley.

The alternator I needed put a distance so he can rotate.

Power steering and Crank fitted ok.

Cam pulley didn't fit - I had to remove 3 mm aluminum and now is ok.