thought id put this up so after all the drama with my starlet and not wanting to pay crazy money on insurance for my hyundai as a second policy( keeping the starlet insurance running) i managed to get a crazy cheap quote on an e30 bmw so the searching began and before long i became the proud owner of this little beast! ^_^

DSCF5131-1.jpg

DSCF5134.jpg

DSCF5135-1.jpg

its only a 316 but with this its all about the underdog drifter!

plans are....

welded spare diff

lowered 60mm front and back

my starlet xxr 002 8j wheels put on temporarily

yellow headlamp film

yellow fogs and indicators

crazy angled can

front lip

de badged rear

stripped out interior

custom strut braces.

+ lots lots more

possibly throttle bodies or turbo convert the 316. 316 is staying!!!! ill be building loads of parts for this over the next few months. i intend on keeping the body work in tip top shape it will not become a tramp drifter more jdm influenced e30

updates will follow over the next few months :thumbsup:

comments welcome

Dean

That's really tidy! :-)

My brother's got an M30 (3.5 £50 lump from the 5-series) in his E30 Touring for an easy 200+BHP, on LPG too. He's been doing loads of custom LSDs for the E30, custom ramp angles to get them to lock more agressively - let me know if that's any use to you.

For wheels you can't do much better than the 15" E30 BBS, and I've got several brake kits to stuff them with (inc 2-pot rear!).

Also if you get the "52mm" front struts from a 6-pot car you get bigger/stiffer shock bodies (and stiffer springs).

Two WMS customers have used the Nissan SR20DET lump from the 200SX etc, works well! Other swaps are the 2.5 24v lump, and the 1.8/2.0 16v "IS" ones, sometimes supercharged. Here are a few cars we've done the brakes on:

Supercharged 320is:

th__JL26217.jpg th__JL26234.jpg

325i race car:

th_Snetterton-015.jpg

SR20DET track car:

th_2LTurboSR20DET.jpg

2.5 24v track touring, epic photo this!

th__DOM1566.jpg

325i track car.

th_41226125o14df.jpg

Get onto the E30Zone to see what people get up to! :-)