1.2bar stock internals (opinions)

well I've my hybrid mapped at 1.0 bar on the tongs spec hybrid with all suporting mods etc so im just wondering how safe would it be at 1.2 bar with a good map on fresh stock glanza engine? 1.2 bar on a hybrid will be making around the same power as a td04 at 1.0 bar so how will it effect the engine rather to the 1.0 bar on the td04? all i will need is injectors and a remap so unsure to push it or not! opinions wanted please..

What power you gettin at the moment mate? what ecu are you using? im on a jam ecu and am at 1.1bar and am gettin 207bhp and 193ftlb im using a jam ecu i think if i had it mapped it could make better power for sure but need a decent mapper and would hate to get the car mapped and make less power.

anyway in my opinion others have done, i don't see why not if the car is mapped correctly what size injectors you thinking of running? oh and were did you get the car mapped? my glanza has 0.9 bar low boost and 1.1bar high boost the car so much much more aggresive at 1.1bar whats your car like to drive mate?

it was road mapped with an emu so not sure on power, 330cc or 360cc injectors not sure yet, its at .8 on low and 1.0 on high and there is a nice difference between the two. way more torque at the 1.0 bar

im from ireland aswell so you would not know the tuner but he id one f the best proven lol petrol is 95 ron aswell so id say its at 180 - 190 bhp atm but as i said it was a road map and he wants too get it on a dyno soon for a better tune and fiddle with the gain

yes yes i get you mate last time my car was maped to 1.1 bar and he added timing and took fuel so that caused det and to crack ringlands, so i rebuilt the engine and got it mapped with a new tuner to a bar and he did do a good map so I've no doubt he will map it properly. car is running good so i want to make the most of it being safe

Thinking of doing this myself, Im currently running a td04 at 0.9bar with the stock injectors pretty much maxed.

Would there much difference between the td04 at 0.9 and 1.2? and what size injectors would be ideal for the job?

Sorry for hijacking your thread mate lol

Edited by ianmcintoshi

Thinking of doing this myself, Im currently running a td04 at 0.9bar with the stock injector pretty much maxed.

Would there much difference between the td04 at 0.9 and 1.2? and what size injectors would be ideal for the job?

Sorry for hijacking your thread mate lol

Yeah, my tkdellis is running 1.2bar on stock injectors, and according to him there is a huge difference between 1bar and 1.2.

td04 at 1.2 bar would be savage lol, 360cc injectors to be safe or ask your tuner, thats what size i will be going for if i dont make up my mind to go forged

my tuner didnt want to push anymore than the 1.0bar on stock injectors so id say they were close to maxing out at that

td04 at 1.2 bar would be savage lol, 360cc injectors to be safe or ask your tuner, thats what size i will be going for if i dont make up my mind to go forged

my tuner didnt want to push anymore than the 1.0bar on stock injectors so id say they were close to maxing out at that

I'm just looking forward to getting mine mapped to 1.5 bar on td04!

mine was 1bar on hybrid and my injectors were running at like 98% that was shown on the power fc all i notice is mine det's in the cold at like 6300rpm i get my ecu light flash which i got told was a sign of det?

yes lads my car is not detting now it was on my last shit map and caused a piston to crack but its built now and mapped for 1.0 bar so wanting to make to most of it so ill get some injectors and get it mapped again or maybe a fpr to bump up the pressure