no rubbish, the only thing that will damage it is if you dont mesh it properly and it sucks its own mesh in. As long as you tie it on tight you will be fine, your car will suck in air more easily like this.

all depends on the area you live imo, i live near a quarry so there is loads of fine dust and grit on the roads, i ran my hybrid setup meshed, took tiny little nicks out of the blades, that was using a fine mesh, any finer and it would have been more restrictive than a relocated filter, the noise is something else though :)

Cut up an air filter and use the mesh from around the outside of it and then use a been tin to shape it, then jubilee it on.

done mine like that and it sounds EPIC on spool up :D

my old glanza was meshed for agees and never hurt it didnt give more power as ovioulsy you car is set at a sertain boot preasure all it did really was help it spool easier and faster

Edited by lukerobz

Wont just kill your turbo but it also means getting dust into your engine? Is it really worth it for "mega spool up noise"??

Run a filter, and protect your turbo/engine from dust/debris and still have performance....

Even if you dont think there is dust/debris close by, just get close to any road and you will soon realise how much shite there is lying about.

Allways ran mine meshed and not had an issue, td04 hit full boosts by 3300rpm, was a little spikey untill EBC was setup right but easy enough to control. Took turbo off after 2 year like that and turbo looked as good/bad as it did when i put it on. Ive heard quite a few bad stories and it can happen but i guess its luck of the draw. If you do it make sure you dome the mesh as much as possible to increase surface area as if its flat with the intake the surface area is vastly reduced ! i gained 500rpm in spool by doming it over.