Rage's Black Ep91 Glanza V

S'happening.

I picked my Toyota Starlet Glanza V up last weekend, after wanting something small, jap & quick.

I started browsing Pistonheads, and found a mint example of one...rang up the chap, drove a 12 hour round trip, viewed it, liked it & drove it home in torrential snow. Baller.

Its a 97' Black Glanza V that was imported in 2007' with roughly 75k on the clock. It has the full Recaro interior and LSD, and had a few 'tasteful' modifications fitted curtsy of the previous owner....Bleed Valve? Two pence siliconed in place of the recirc valve? Scotch lock heaven? ....Things are about to change big style.

After only picking the car up Saturday, i was itching to start tinkering, so after browsing the forum classifieds, i contacted Socks about a few goodies, and drove up Monday evening to go pick them up.

Japspeed full exhaust system, Gizmo boost controller, HKS FCD, Civic alloy rad, Mounting kit, slimline fan and Bailey dump valve.

Here's a few pictures of how the car stands today, making way for a big changes and improvements. One being a BIG snail looking item under the bonnet that goes wwwsssshhhhhhhhhhhhh.

let me know what you think!

Thanks, Ross.

DSCF0243.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

Edited by Rage.

Cheers mate,

Me a group of my mates have just booked to go to the Nurburgring the end of June, so progress this side of there will be fairly slow. However, this side of then i should be looking at getting my Coilovers & FMIC, aswell as gathering the rest of my bits to compliment my TD04 turbo & TD05 exhaust housing conversion i picked up earlier this week :)

Im finding things on the car im not happy, bodges left right and center and my to do list seems to be getting longer by the day. I dont get why people mess and tinker without any automotive knowledge for the sake of doing it!

Edited by Rage.

After the heavy snow fall we had last night, i didn't think id be able to work on the Ep today, however i woke up and the weather was perfect...if a little cold. So i got out the spanners and made a start.

Haven't got much done today, just sorted out little bodges curtisy of the previous owner...and fitted my Toyosports Civic Type R Alloy radiator, HKS FCD & sorted out my Bailey Dumpvalve ^_^

DSCF0258.jpg

Edited by Rage.

Thanks for the replies guys...

i give you a few months till you get rid of the bailey mate i had one it used to piss me off at 80mph leaked like a bitch when not on the throttel much

Ive recently bought a TD04 Turbo with a TD05 Exhaust housing mate, so ill be running External wastegate within the next few months :D I have noticed it ever so slightly leaking already though... :blush:

Looking good. U should come to Telford one Sunday.

Cheers mate, what happens up that way?

We tend to head up Birmingham on a sunday evening, although the dreaded have started clamping down big style recently...

Never run up there mate, but yeah...we go up 'spine road' as its known on the dual carriage way passing Kappa Papers; Just round the corner from Starcity.

Ive seen a few Glanza's up there, one i see quite often that never fails to impress is 'tkdellis' from off here...

Whilst in my dinner hour today, i managed to cut my carbon to house my boost controller in my dash.

I wanted it to look smart, so removed the coin holder and housed it in there, ready for me to wire it up the weekend.

Pictureeee.

426236_191553247616581_100002857204710_271825_1390067010_n-1-1.jpg

Edited by Rage.

Cheers mate, This weekend ill be fitting my Buddyclub coilovers, fitting my new wheels/tyres & wiring up the controller, so abit more progress!

I've got to start saving for the Nurburgring as were off in June, so progress here after will be quite slow. ^_^

Hey, I've'e managed to get quite abit done this weekend, so im chuffed!

I picked up my Buddyclub D2 coilovers, managed to get them setup and fitted, however in the process fucked the tracking up mega, which meant the next thing to do was to pull it up on the ramp and sort that out.

Ive had some new wheels, im unsure of the make but had a good deal as i initally ran 16's and wanted 15's...Think they look pretty well on the car, however ill be painting the centers black at some point soon.

Ive wired and set up the Gizzmo electronic boost controller, and mounted that and my Blitz turbo timer within carbon neatly in place of my cupholders and coin tray...Removed the rear wiper and finally gave it a well deserved clean and polish!

...Not bad for a weekends work :)

Ross.

DSCF0269-1.jpg

DSCF0276-1.jpg

419274_193650654073507_100002857204710_277386_564174390_n-1.jpg