Wepr Godzilla or racetech gt30

Wepr all day long i have had a zisco mani and decat and wepr mani and decat not had any racetech products although i have seen them and are top quality items i personally feel wepr products are just that bit superior, and sacha is a top guy to deal with.

Wepr all day long i have had a zisco mani and decat and wepr mani and decat not had any racetech products although i have seen them and are top quality items i personally feel wepr products are just that bit superior, and sacha is a top guy to deal with.

As we constantly strive to improve our products I'd be interested to see your opinion of why Wepr products are that little bit "better".

This seems to be their flagship turbo kit.

http://www.wepracing...series-manifold

Its difficult to see the actual material/weld quality as they paint their manifolds. (not sure why?) Would this improve ours?

They also appear to use a much shorter collector than us, (not good for flow) The flanges look to be water/laser cut from flat plate, ours are CNC machined and pocketed out at the back to ensure a perfect leak free seal. (this is just a td04 manifold)

DSC_1379.jpg

The wastegates appear to be the 2 bolt style, we always had problems with these blowing gaskets so went to the newer Vband type, Maybe we should revert back?

Sorry for the bad picture, but heres a picture of our kit (sorry for the quality) The one pictured has a Vband back housing which doesn't require gaskets, flows better, is lighter and ensures a leak free seal.

DSC_1269.jpg

hello..

we only paint our mild steel manifolds. we also include turbosmart progate 45's (45mm w.gate with v-band) with both variations of our godzilla kit and Tial MVS 38mm's with all our other kits. we have not had time to update our site, i appologize for this..but i hope to do so soon. stainless material used with our manifolds is 321 grade s/s . we've sold 100's of manifolds in the last couple of years and we've never had one of our s/s manifold returned back to us due to cracking.

as for the actual godzilla kit..the turbo is completely custom right down to the custom bearing housing. despite having some problems with our car which would not allow us to rev past 6000rpm, i had my car on the rollers and it made 330whp@5880rpm (on 91 octane, 75deg intake air temps, our dyno is not well ventilated unfortunately and the sri lankan tropical heat doesnt help either)...i will have more dyno graphs soon hopefully with the engine issues sorted which would allow me to rev to my usual 8500rpm. the typical customer who'd go for one of these kits will make more power because even the head thats on my car at the moment is stock apart for cams (no port-polish or larger valves etc, my race head cracked and had to be replaced for the moment with a stocker). our goal is to get as close to 400whp on 91 octane pump fuel and 400+whp with 100 octane aviation fuel.

i didnt come on this thread to say my kit is better than ricky's..i am not very familiar on his GT30 kit and i cant seem to find much info it either. in fact, out of all other manufacturers i have a lot of respect for his parts and fabrication abilities...most on this forum are not very familiar with our product because i am not allowed at all to promote my products or talk about my products on this forum...not sure if the admin will appreciate this reply to the thread. we used to use custom spec'd garret GT28's/30's a while back..but ultimately you are limited in the number of combinations you can come up with..so hence the reason we go with completely custom turbos not. so i'll let you guys be the judge..i apologize for the terrible pics below..i snapped them on my phone and its all i have on me right now to show what our welding is like..these shots was taken of the actual v-band godzilla downpipe on my car, the rest of the pics is of the kit installed with the mild steel manifold version...you can see more pics of our work and demo car on our facebook page. the godzilla is also available in a billet version which features a larger billet compressor wheel along with a stronger and lighter turbine wheel.

in my honest opnion...i dont think you can go wrong with either ricky's kit or mine. as i said before i think his products are great...and further more i dont feel our the godzilla kit is for the average enthusiast because you will need a whole bunch of supporting mods to make the kind of power the kit is capable of. the regular godzilla will spool 2.7bar by 5750rpm on the dyno..so its no slouch on the street either. btu if you ask me which is superior..i vote Gozilla! hope you like the pics..

weprwelding.jpg

babyzillag-extreme6.jpg

babyzillag-extreme4.jpg

babyzillag-extreme2.jpg

godzilla2.jpg

below is a shot of the godzilla extreme kit with billet turbo version... note: not pictured with the new 45mm progate wastegate.

15022011480.jpg

thanks!

sacha

wickedEP Racing

Edited by wickedep

Everyone knows what im going to say.... and there right... But the fact your literally 30mins from Race-Tech would make my descision alot easier! Local support is somthing alot of people would cry for!

As for my kit, love it, looks amazing and functions absolutely perfectly!

DSCN2831.JPG

and some from when it was built...

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0808.JPG

DSC_0810.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

You'll be nothing but pleased with Race-Tech mate. There turbo kits leave me speechless when you look at one close up or even one being made!

Ontop of that, Ricky is actually a really genuine and quality bloke to work with, is very honest and will always steer you in the right direction for more power! :)

Just my 2 cents :)

Hello,

My site is the same and the pictures on their somewhat out of date for that kit. I've never actually seen one of your stainless manifolds to be honest.

The power sounds very good for the RPM's. over 300lbs ft torque! Out of interest was that on a 4e or 5e?

Tell me about it, we'r spending £1000's on dyno extraction and ventilation and we don't even got high temps here!

Your 100% right about the supporting mod's very few cars are built as you would want to with one of these kits, I do think however the person who asked in this thread had a nice spec engine.

How did the head crack? Sounds nasty :(

The turbo you actually pictured isn't a billet wheel? Maybe this was a mistake?

We actually have 3 varients of turbo with our kit, to cater for everybody from 350whp-500whp!

I think your response is fair, and hope mine was also.

Regards

Ricky

Hello,

My site is the same and the pictures on their somewhat out of date for that kit. I've never actually seen one of your stainless manifolds to be honest.

The power sounds very good for the RPM's. over 300lbs ft torque! Out of interest was that on a 4e or 5e?

Tell me about it, we'r spending £1000's on dyno extraction and ventilation and we don't even got high temps here!

Your 100% right about the supporting mod's very few cars are built as you would want to with one of these kits, I do think however the person who asked in this thread had a nice spec engine.

How did the head crack? Sounds nasty :(

The turbo you actually pictured isn't a billet wheel? Maybe this was a mistake?

We actually have 3 varients of turbo with our kit, to cater for everybody from 350whp-500whp!

I think your response is fair, and hope mine was also.

Regards

Ricky

hi ricky,

yes your reply was totally fair.. you seem a gentleman! fact is if you are anything like me..we take so much pride in our work and put in so much of our lively hood into our work that we will always feel our products are better than others..but i have no problem giving much credit where credit is due :)

godzilla billet kit is rated at 400+whp..if a customer needs more power..then its just a matter of changing up the specs. all boils down to how much someone is willing to spend at the end of the day. not sure why you said the turbos in the pics do not have a billet compressor wheel..you cant really see the billet wheel (or the compressor wheel clearly in general) in any of the pics. i've included a pic of the turbo with the compressor housing off for everyone's reference..

all our manifolds come with lifetime warranty.

billetwheel.jpg

results on my car would be on a 5e. thank you..

sacha p

wickedEP Racing

Edited by wickedep

not seen any of the wepr stuff in the flesh seen a few people have a few issues with it but sacha always seems to sort out good solutions for it. run a race-tech set up atm and its great bought it second hand and cant fault it at all. have only ever bought one thing direct from race-tech which was the ct9 oil feed/return. messaged them on here couple days later to see if it had been posted was assured it had been posted the day before but when it arrived it was post marked day after i had messaged which kinda buged me as i woulda rather they had just said weve been to busy but it wll be done tomorow but thats me being picky :p .

Just about to book my car in for mapping, and noticed my Race-Tech mani has cracked :(

Thats not good to hear! PM me and return it and we'll sort it out. However it must be said. If your running a td04 without the car been mapped the EGT's will be WAAY too high. Your lucky its just the manifold I guess. Our newer manifolds are actually much stronger anyway, but still, I'd strongly advise against running them on a stock ECU/Jam etc, simply because it gets them too hot. We've seen cracked manifolds/turbos etc from pretty much most of the manufacturers from people doing this.

not seen any of the wepr stuff in the flesh seen a few people have a few issues with it but sacha always seems to sort out good solutions for it. run a race-tech set up atm and its great bought it second hand and cant fault it at all. have only ever bought one thing direct from race-tech which was the ct9 oil feed/return. messaged them on here couple days later to see if it had been posted was assured it had been posted the day before but when it arrived it was post marked day after i had messaged which kinda buged me as i woulda rather they had just said weve been to busy but it wll be done tomorow but thats me being picky :p .

This actually happens fairly often, However it should only be the following day. We'r pretty friendly with the guy who owns the post office, all recorded or special deliveries have to be there before 5. (when the shop has closed) he processes them the following day. Sometimes if the guys running late, he will process them upto about 5.15. It just depends how busy we/he is.

It looked faaar too dark in the picture to be a billet wheel. (you know the grey/cast kind of look) I can see it on the post though. Actually looks like a Precision turbo's wheel in its geometry? Could be wrong.

hi ricky,

yes your reply was totally fair.. you seem a gentleman! fact is if you are anything like me..we take so much pride in our work and put in so much of our lively hood into our work that we will always feel our products are better than others..but i have no problem giving much credit where credit is due :)

godzilla billet kit is rated at 400+whp..if a customer needs more power..then its just a matter of changing up the specs. all boils down to how much someone is willing to spend at the end of the day. not sure why you said the turbos in the pics do not have a billet compressor wheel..you cant really see the billet wheel (or the compressor wheel clearly in general) in any of the pics. i've included a pic of the turbo with the compressor housing off for everyone's reference..

all our manifolds come with lifetime warranty.

billetwheel.jpg

results on my car would be on a 5e. thank you..

sacha p

wickedEP Racing