Some Pics n hello to those who dont know me!

Hey guys!

Some of you may either know me, or remember me, but as i've been off the site for such a long time and not really been keeping upto date with the events etc other than JAE last year i imagine this is an introduction to myself and Sweep!

Im currently serving out in Afghanistan and have been since september 2011, so i spent Christmas and New Year out here too which was pretty pants, but not to worry. Just to keep the Jap scene going in Afghanistan, i took my Rising Sun flag out with me, and attatched it to the vehicle for you all to see - note the dedication :)

DSCF2535.jpg

Heres a couple more pictures of me must on Patrol out in Afghanistan. Im a front line infantry Section commander which means i lead my team of 8 guys out on patrols and engage with the locals to gain low level intellegence for future offensive operations. I am in command of an FSG element out here which is the Fire Support Group providing exactly that. Using the heavy weapons mounted on the top of the vehicle. A Grenade machine gun, or a 0.50calibre Heavy Machine gun.

LAND-2011-296-PBPimonCplPalmer-002.jpg

^ This one is me and my vehicle known as a Jackal.

SAM_0466.jpg

^ That one is me and the guys im in command of.

ServiceCropped.jpg

^ Was taken on rememberance day last year to mark those who have fallen.

DSCF4701.jpg

^ Me and some Afghan kids doing my bit for the local nationals.

When I come back from Afghanistan - this is my car, Sweep who ive been building over around 3 years. I wont be indulging into a Spec list as yet as it is getting a fair bit of work done to her at the moment ( All will be revealed in a dedicated post soon )

DSCN4617.jpg

DSCN4620.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

nice v mate and fair play to you going out there thought my job was a ball ache but at least i dont have people shooting at me big respect to you and your team mate to see you at some show in the future

Thankyou for all the Soldier appreciation comments, it can go both ways sometimes, however.. someones gotta do it ;)

This is my Second tour of Afghanistan, i have also done Iraq and Northern Ireland ( NI Wasn't too bad when i did it though )

Yes, that is my car in GBR.... Shhhhhhh!!! :p

* This is ripped from the MOD website

Jackal 2 is a high mobility weapons platform, with a unique air-bag suspension system (& Fox racing shocks)allowing rapid movement across varying terrain.

It is designed to protect personnel against roadside explosions and mine attacks (the chassis of Jackal 2 is heavier than its predecessor to give additional protection). (see yourself the protection we get, however that is partly to do with the mobility that the vehicle has, if it was laden more with protection, it wouldn't get over some of the terrian which is does, you should check out some YouTube videos on the Jackal - they are machines!)

Used for reconnaissance, rapid assault, fire support and convoy protection Jackal 2 has the capacity to support itself and its crew of three over 800km.

It has a maximum speed of 80mph (129km/h) on roads or 55mph (89km/h) over rough terrain, and weighs seven tonnes.

Jackal 2 is armed with a General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) as crew protection and can carry either Heavy Machine Gun (HMG) or Grenade Machine Gun (GMG) as the main weapon system in the fire support role.

The gun ring on Jackal 2 has been moved forward to give a 360º sweep of fire, as opposed to the previous rear-fire only position on the original Jackal.

Jackal 2 is closely related to the new Coyote tactical support vehicle, which is a six-wheel Jackal-based armoured vehicle. (to carry extra equipment)

I Gather there must be other soldiers on here, or atleast people in the know, The jackals are an awesome vehicle and im actually an instructor on them which can be fun, however, i was in germany teaching and a gurkha had a habbit of rolling it which is not fun the first time as i shat myself! - everyone was ok though :)

--------------

@madmax - There will be a dedicated post regarding the spec of the car soon :)

CK

I Gather there must be other soldiers on here, or atleast people in the know.

yup, know quite alot about these and just about every other variant of sandy coloured wheeled vehicle out there lol :thumbsup: civvy working in leccy workshops bud. :thumbsup: