Engine stalling - After fitting Race Spec Rocker Cover etc

Fitted a new cover last night, so obviously leads off etc. Car idled fine this morning whilst putting why work stuffs in, fine down the motorway, in a queue etc. Pulled into works entrance and the car cut out. So started again and cut out once more. Managed to get it to hold rpm for a bit and got to the office where in the car park it held rpm for a bit but then dropped to 400 back up then stalled completely...

So I'm stumped at the moment as to what's gone all of a sudden. As Sat was issue free it must be something I've done last night??

Sorry Rocker Cover...

No timing messed with, no earths fiddled with.

No longer has PCv valve. Runs a catch can setup.

Just been out to car put some new leads on it and the car idled fine with no cutting out for a few minutes before turning off. Don't think it was the leads though..... It just decided to cause probs when I turned quickly into works entrance.....

If your leads havent been moved about for some time they become very brittle due to heat and if you've took the rocker cover off you my of finished them off..But in the mean time make sure all the leads are cliped on right on the dizzy and plugs ect

marc!

as mickey boy said... the ht leads can somtimes be quite stuburn to get off and pulling on them may have weaked them somwhere. There is now excuse for not having magnecores :p

Both breather lines go to a catch tank, which canthen breathe to atomsphere yes?

Thats engines for you lol i change my plugs the other month had them in for about 15miles and they killed my leads!. Must of been that bit more surge going through the leads that finished them off!..On a side note i hope it isnt your rings! do a compression test to be sure

Just a thought but with the engine running and it stalling after some time, could you have too much crankcase compression? When it cuts out next time, pull the dipstick out and listen for air coming out.

You put new ignition leads on and the engine starts stalling.

I think you have ansered your own question!

I put new leads on after the issues but it hasn't seem to cure it. So doubt its them.

Just a thought but with the engine running and it stalling after some time, could you have too much crankcase compression? When it cuts out next time, pull the dipstick out and listen for air coming out.

Thing is the race SPEC is less restrictive than the previous catch can setup. So I doubt its that either....

Drove it home fine to a degree.

However it looks like when the engine hits warm the probs start. Stalling started again when slowing down. Oil temp hit 110ish on normal mway driving. Car seemed like it lacked power, engine seemed to make a very slight drumming sound, only slight and not constantly.

Water temp stayed quite normal

Gonna comp test it, check fluids etc

Maybe the trip to Dave B meet might have helped the engine in its way......