can someone recommend an affordable starter toolkit/oil sump tray

Got the point where i'm doing as much as possible myself now and my only downside is my lack of tools. Can someone recommend a good kit to start out with, without breaking the bank?

Also could someone recommend a good oil sump tray, please :)

just had a quick look but cant find what i bought.. i got a bluepoint socket set which has been one of the best buys ive ever bought. covered by the snap on lifetime warranty, brilliant quality and never let me down. and well priced for what you get, your not just paying for the name like snap on.

ive used halfords tools by the way and the difference is very clear.

ill look for the kit i bought which were my first set of tools as i have used them for everything!

sam

cheap but i wouldnt say they comprise on quality bery much. ive got a set of ratchet spanners from there and there brilliant. dont rate there tool boxes much but there tools are good. Best thing to do is get a Cromwell catalogue, they have a huge range and variety of tools for all different jobs. Alot of the stuff comes in sets. just buy something new every week/ month and over time youl accumulate a good toolkit.

• 2 weeks later...