Jordk's 1A0 Glanza V (Rebuild)Progress HUGE UPDATE

Well folks thought I'd put up a thread on the progress of my glanza since purchase. Little info on it first. Bought it from Andy I a wee while back now and been loving it everyday since. I previously drove a civic jordan (now driveway/garage ornament until it sells lol). The jordan was a fairly quick car for a 1.6 but the glanza really surprised me! The power delivery was fast, it has torque (unlike the civic lol) and so light and easy to drive.
Here's some pics
This is it the night I got back to Aberdeen
677ea3e1.jpg
After a quick was and removed most stickers.
f018b9a9.jpg
bb7613fe.jpg
The messy engine bay with loads of blue vaccums. (notice the ukso sticker. Representing y0)
4672c35b.jpg
Replaced most of the vacuums to black ones and cleaned stripped down the dumpvalve as the piston was sticking causing more chatter off the turbo than release from the valve.
Got bored of the height so dumped the coilovers down as low as I could without ridiculous scrapage. (skirts still scrape like a bitch!)
Here's a few pics from my shoot I did the other night. There's more in the Dark room section of the forum.
011-2.jpg
014-2.jpg
022.jpg
024copy.jpg
028-1.jpg

Spec list so far as follows.

Varis front bumper (rep)
Livesports spoiler (rep)
Livesports sideskirts (reps)
Atech Eraser wheels 15" wub.png
Full kakimoto exhaust system
Blitz dumpvalve
HKS adjustable actuator
Blitz FattX turbo timer
GT turbo seats
Ebay steering wheel of sorts
Boost gauge (auto gauge)
Tein flex(?) Coilovers
Magnecor leads
Monster energy catch can huh.png
Relocated air filter
J Performance intercooler kit
Carbon scoop
Few other bits and bobs.

Plans are so far.
Sort fuel cut. (Have a JAM FCD but want to sort fueling at same time with 255lph pump and fpr)
Boost controller
Respray for front bumper, skirts, spoiler. or possibly just get a livesports front end cool.png
Rear arb (whiteline or ultra racing? Undecided)
Decat and manifold
Got plasma dials paid for through the group buy on here
Underseal
Fast road brake set up
Fast road tracking/geometry set up and corner weighted (I think that works out well for these)

Will keep updated and add some engine bay pics etc when weather is better up here!

Edited by Jordk
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when I was in speaking to Mark@CMBautos (he's on tgtt) he said the ultra racing was a direct bolt into position and was straight forward enough. While I think he said the whiteline one needed some drilling etc for it to fit right.

Well when I was in speaking to Mark@CMBautos (he's on tgtt) he said the ultra racing was a direct bolt into position and was straight forward enough. While I think he said the whiteline one needed some drilling etc for it to fit right.

I'm getting into contact with ultra racing uk to see what price they can do on a arb

looks smart that, i need that exhaust badly ;)

It is smart lol annoying in a way as the rear can't sit any lower without it literally sitting on the ground :(

Awesome awesome car dude!

Thanks man! Loving your V too just had a wee read through your build thread :D

Picking up a RRFPR tomorrow then get it that and my JAM FCD fitted. I take it I'd be better fitting the 255lp/h fuel pump at the same time. This is a temp fix for fuel cut. Once I sell my Civic I'll have enough to buy a td04 kit from racetech then be running some big powerz :D

Yeah really need to do something about my bay needs a good clean and paint!

The livesports is a fair size. Handy to keep your cuppa on when working on the car! Who needs tables...

Hey JordK, spotted your motor at the meet in aberdeen at the end of march and think av seen u at CMB (av got a black V lookin pritty borin at the moment lol), really nice lookin car dude. Noticed u mentioned possibly getting a livesports front end? if so all easy take the varis off your hands :)

• 3 weeks later...

This car still looks awesome! I like the last pic.

Could do with something on the rear though, HRF style spats would finish it off nicely ;)

Think I will be in contact with you for some pretty soon Idrees :)

Few more bits and bobs added I need to take pics of etc. Got my RRFPR and JAM FCD fitted it appears to be running well but have a wideband in the post so will have that fitted to keep an eye of AFR's. Also some indiglo dials in the post! :p

Discovered yesterday i have split my CV boot on driver side and the passenger side looks a bit perished so they will be getting changed this week as soon as they arrive.

Also anyone have any tips on porting the stock mani? Can it be done at home with the likes of a rotary tool or am I best getting it machined? Once I get my civic sold the updates will be a bit more regular as have a huge list of parts to buy!

Portin the mani can be done with a dremel dude, Mark has done a few i think. Could speak to him vut i dont think its ill to do buddy. Smart looking motor and if i had the cash spare id buy your jordan!

John

Nice one might have a vrack at it when I have a few hours to spare! Got a tonne of different grinding stones for the dremel and my drill. I am planning a larger turbo set up once funds are a bit better!

Haha got a few people in the same boat mate nobody has money these days (myself including!)

You ever out in your GT in Aberdeen mate don't think I've seen you about?

Nah my GT has been garaged for over 2 and a half years. Plan is to get her out at some point this year, got a busy few weeks with her once im home!

Is it Aberdeen you live? Might have to come out past for a look at the Jordan, see if i cant source the money! ;)

John

Nice one would be good to see a few more starlets around Aberdeen. I live south of the city in Portlethen. Your more than welcome to come see the Jordan lol. It's not going any where fast at the moment haha