Jordk's 1A0 Glanza V (Rebuild)Progress HUGE UPDATE

Right well little update! My idiglo dials arrived from James a CJPerformance. They look awesome also got the wideband which I am yet to fit. (need to weld on the bung somewhere)

bc7edd2c.jpg

All arrived in the post :)

Then straight onto fitting the dials seeing as i had the day off :D

9b50538d.jpg

Awwwweesommmeee

40e246ba.jpg

Then this happened after I took a mate for a run in the car. I pulled up next to my other mate and he said there's something hanging out your exhaust :S

Went to look and the baffle had come out (well part of it) Look inside to see the resonated sleeve inside had collapsed on itself and the woolly bit was coming out. After a long time elbow deep in my exhaust this is all that came out

8a3fa710.jpg

Sounds hardly any different just burbles more when cold.

Now the plan is to raise this a bit as its getting ridiculous to drive now

9c935e6b.jpg

And replace my CV boots today. (Can't wait for that...)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it's raised slightly now as the side skirts were getting some amount of abuse in the corners! The picture is a bit of a trick though the car is sitting on the ramp coming into the garage :rolleyes:

The sideskirts were the width of a fag packet from the ground B) but it had a lot of body roll in corners and they scrape like hell!

Away for a blast up north tonight for some pics with mates so will get some pics of the lowness at the moment.

Yeah Josh the resonated part inside was badly corroded and just collapsed on itself. Has a nice clear note now and the odd bang! :shok: (decat now fitted too)

Edited by Jordk
  • 5 weeks later...

Well time for an update methinks!

Recently been collecting and fitting a few new parts i.e. Nardi wheel, new gauges, Bee R rev limiter, tuning developments fuel pump, and some other little bits and bobs

The wheel I must say is pure sex! TRD Nardi wheel I spied on eBay and grabbed for a bargain

78ddad6e.jpg

9ea30154.jpg

24286558.jpg

Also got a new OEM clutch fitted and a fresher gearbox. The clutch doesn't appear like its going to last long as its been fitted a month and slipping already.

Shiney!

5c5136c5.jpg

Not so shiney

a417e6d0.jpg

Manky old clutch...

1fac4861.jpg

Looking a little sorry for itself

d2a07d98.jpg

Also had a few runs at Crail (dragstrip up this way) best time with a fueling problem was 15.2 seconds so hopefully if I can sort my launches I can get into the 14s!

A few of us in the convoy home from Crail

0a196017.jpg

And a photo someone tagged of me on Facebook at the strip (was Banzai magazine day)

Looking pretty!!

fd6788a1.jpg

I'll get some fresh pics of the new gauges and maybe a video of the Bee R! :D

Loving it, need to get my car looking as fresh as this! Think I'll deal with mechanical faults before worrying about the shoddy paintwork though haha ;) sweet car mate!

Loving the Trd nardi too! Makes my plain regular nardi seem a bit boring haha!

Edited by DanGEP91
  • 2 weeks later...

Where did you ger that box from dude?

John

Got it off my mates old engine that fried a ring. I also have the engine to overhaul now :)

Loving it, need to get my car looking as fresh as this! Think I'll deal with mechanical faults before worrying about the shoddy paintwork though haha ;) sweet car mate!

Loving the Trd nardi too! Makes my plain regular nardi seem a bit boring haha!

Cheers dude :)

Yeah was thinking a full respray at some point. m

Maybe supra grey :D although I have bigger things to worry about now :(

Disaster!

Went out for lunch at college yesterday and the car started knocking after giving it a bit of boost (was warmed up etc) then tonnes of white smoke came from the exhaust and the knocking got louder an the car lost all power. Looked behind the car there was oil everywhere pissing out the bottom the dv and turbo had white smoke pourin out of it. Shut off the engine and got towed home by the AA. Fuck.

Had a quick look underneath and found a hole in the sump at the top. Possibly thrown a rod? Or as minor as a blown sump? I'm going to take the sump off today and have a look inside and see the damage. For now here's some pics of the disaster.

de60d45b.jpg

Oil everywhere

8af435b1.jpg

And the hole

51ecd5ba.jpg

Dreading looking at it tonight. For now it's vtec 'power' in my Jordan haha :(

Haha nah I never rebuilt it just got it as it was lower miles and the syncros were spot on (old ones were shot) and I painted it with some VHT halfords stuff lol.

Well I had the crank turn one turn one way then again back and can hear the bearings spinning/grumbling away and what sounds like loose bits of metal falling about :/

Going to wait to get a mate up to help get it in the garage to have a proper look with the sump off and see for real the damage.

Wish I got that second engine rebuilt sooner now :( gutted lol.

Well here's a few pics of what I found in the sump :/ oh dear

9d7d1b68.jpg

Cylinder 1 has a piston sized hole in the back and a hole about an inch round at the front. Here's the culprit

c6a88b7b.jpg

71f667f7.jpg

What's left of the Conrod also...

96833c33.jpg

It's going to be a busy week. I've already rounded two head bolts so they will need drilled out. Struggling to get the crank pulley from the old engine. Got flywheel off but can't get the pulley :/ take it it's an impact gun job?

Well after a long night I've got both engines pretty much stripped. Took a quick photo during stripping one to show off my organisation skills lol

a16a209a.jpg

Dropped the one from the car as its pretty goosed

a989dee1.jpg

1e7f3e19.jpg

And had a closer look at the damage

601df95a.jpg

ff0010fe.jpg

Upon removal discover me engine mounts are pretty minced as well

1ef9c115.jpg

Got a big list for this now. Not planning on putting a ct9 back on it put it that way :p

It was running pretty rich according to the wideband! Lol. Was just running stock ct9 at .85 bar but would creep pretty high. And I was driving pretty hard at the time.

Also noticed some damage to the valves for cylinder 1 :/ just hope it's nothing really bad. Will get some more pics of my progress