getting my exhaust made up on friday and was gonna buy a zisco screamer de-cat too, my car just runs a standard ct9 with a fmic and a cone filter, what problems could i run into with having a screamer fitted? or would it be fine? cant be arsed with hitting fuel cut.

just get a boost guage and keep your eye on it in hight revs and youll be fine for now but will need a HKS adjustable actuator to solve the problem but it will hit fuel cut for sure, mine did

Edited by Louis

it shouldnt cause mega boost creep though? i asked zisco performance the question and this is what they said :

"No it will be absolutely fine running a screamer pipe on CT9 turbo. In fact we only sell screamer pipes for CT9 turbos as they go very well with them. The brace will bolt onto the same points where the stock cat was.

The sound it makes when the car is on boost is great".

:

With your mods fmic, air filter, n screamer etc is almost guarantee u will hit fuel cut I started hitting it pretty much as soon as a I fitted my de-cat and exhaust u can either fit an hks adjustable actuator to try n control it or an ebc would be the best bet mate if u want to stay with the set up u got now

i know what boost creep is and what causes it on turbo'd cars, im just new to starlets. I take it as soon as u decat a starlet the boost will creep dramatically and it will hit fuel cut? my mates starlets fine and he runs a blitz nur spec exhaust system with a j performance decat

My tongs gt spec hybrid with a nightpager doesn't creep at all! Maybe it would on a std ct9...

And as for the noise I keep getting told how good it sounds , it does blow a bit until things warm up though that's true

My tongs gt spec hybrid with a nightpager doesn't creep at all! Maybe it would on a std ct9...

And as for the noise I keep getting told how good it sounds , it does blow a bit until things warm up though that's true

Tongs hybrids have bigger wastegate pennies and port though dont they?

Thought that was a big plus point to getting one as you didnt get boost creep

Edited by Louis

on high boost a starlet is 9psi which is nearly 0.7 BAR i think, fuel cut is 13psi which is just roughly 0.8 BAR, surely a decat with a fmic wont make it creep up nearly a BAR, or is it defo going to happen?

Before I had my electronic boost controller tuned right I've seen a boost creep of 1.92bar on my hybrid and was like WTF!!!. After getting the power fc and sorting the controller i have no creep w/ the hybrid actuator fmic and full exhaust. But im sure thats the power fc doing it's job.

My spec when i had the NightPager Decat was:-

RX7 TMIC

Apexi air filter cone

5Zigen cat-back

Boost restriction removal

And obviously the night pager screamer/decat

With this spec it hit fuel cut in high revs

It creeped up to 11PSI when the factory cat was still fitted though

Edited by Louis

gnome, take the advice of many owners who have experienced these cars.

The wastegate on a stock CT9 is rather useless.

The best way to stop it is run a small diameter de-cat. something like 2.25" would help, keep your OEM filter piping and also get a good quality actuator. This will help, but again, it doesn't solve the problems being the turbo wastegate. The only true way to solve it is replace the turbo or weld up the wastegate and then retro fit an external wastegate to control things.

Im not asking what boost creep is i know what it is, i was just asking if anyone had run a screamer or a decat with roughy the same mods as me, the reason im asking is because i know the ct9s wastegates are small and i want to know if it will defo make me hit fuel cut? Because ive read alot of people on here say a decat will make it over boost and hit fuel cut. Im pretty new to the starlet scene so i thought id ask on here, but tbh im just gonna buy a decat fire it on and see what happens, i get no boost creep whatsoever with my filter and fmic so i doubt a decat will make me

Hit fuel cut, ive asked a few local people with close to standard starlets with exhausts and decats and they dont hit fuel cut so i dont see why mines will but hey ho im just a newbie

There's not a definite answer whether it will creep and hit fuel cut or not, but doing breathing and exhaust mods will increase the response of the turbo and with the internal wastegate being so small it is likely it will creep but to what extent you can't be sure.

Mine used to creep upto 1 bar plus easily and in the cold it was even worse with relocated filter, fmic, decat and full exhaust.

As you say try it and see what happens.

hellow everyone im new to the glanza world I've had a starlet n/a before but a glanza is totally different my manifold are stock nd are leaking im gona replace them nd get a decat aswel my uestion is is it worth getn a decat

my mods

apexi air filter

5zigen exhaust

its runs at 0.6 bar boost but creeps slitly ova

ny help will be good thnks