young ppl glanza insurance

im 20 with 0 NCD and 3 points (SP30) and i want to get a decent price on a glanza :lol:

so far i have called...

Bell - they quoted £840 for Starlet GT but dont do the glanza

Adrian Flux - £2500 3rd party for a glanza

A-plan - said you need to be 23 and have 3yrs no claims to get comp insurance

Norwich union - need to be 21+

any reccomendations? i had a look at the insurance thread but it didnt really help

maybe i should just convince myself the GT is a better car :ph34r:

I phoned Elephant about a GT and they had GT Turbo on their records, just make it clear at the beginning it's an import otherwise they won't find it.

Have a look through the insurance thread.

Has plenty of info in there :ph34r:

yeeah we got a insurance thread if u care to have a browse at that. Elephant has starlet GT turbo down on their system, if they say they don't get them to check their website online because it's on there. My glanza is put under a gt turbo but glanza is known as a facelift version, but still is a gt turbo. :ph34r:

i got a quote off admiral for a ep82 GT, then this morning they called me so i asked about the glanza. I tried to explain in all ways how he might be able to find it on their system but he said they didnt have it

WTF is going on!

My glanza is put under a gt turbo but glanza is known as a facelift version, but still is a gt turbo.

I tried to tell this to the people at elephant, the guy on the phone put me through to his supervisor who put me onto his spervisor. He explained to me that insuring your car this way was essentially fraud! I ended up getting a list of insurers off the internet and off the back of a jap performance magazine and phoned round them all. Got about 50 dinghy's then masterquote gave me the best quote!

I tried to tell this to the people at elephant, the guy on the phone put me through to his supervisor who put me onto his spervisor. He explained to me that insuring your car this way was essentially fraud! I ended up getting a list of insurers off the internet and off the back of a jap performance magazine and phoned round them all. Got about 50 dinghy's then masterquote gave me the best quote!

So true! Its highly illegal and if you crash, theres a good chance your insurance might not pay out as it is a different car, engine being the same does'nt matter. Thats why im paying more to insure a "glanza v" no a gt turbo.

S.