;) They aint called Sustec Pro for nothings...

They certainly will sort the back out mate :p

Just make sure to keep them regularly maintained (i.e clean to avoid corrosion) as the elements here are somewhat harsher than Japan.

Mine need a good ol' clean up.

All the best with them, they are a worthy purchase.

I actually fancy a change a lil later but you will find the spring rates quite bearable (4kg front, 6kg rear) I know this because my set had the manual.

My set was around the same price. Once you have them set up properly and on good-ish roads, my description is 'hot knives through butter'.

You get the C Spanners with it bro?

Joz

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't get anything with them unfortunatly, but a friend of mine has a set of C spanners so will pinch one off him...

I do know what you mean Ste, but sometimes you have to take chances to make progress...

Rich

Depends if I get them all fitted :D , 2 are fitted at the moment just waiting for it to stop hailing :D

Had to go to a garage to get the bolts loosened as they had well and truly seized, only had em taken off in january :(

Edit 5:05 PM

3 are now on :( getting me haircut now though...

Got the last one on after mate :D went for a wee drive but was pissing down and where I switched the front and back tyres its like driving on ice.

Need alignment done, maybe tommorow also gott sort a few other things out in the daylight.

Opinions so far, HARSH! Might get used to it.. also makes worrying noises at the back when the roads a bit uneven. Thoughts?

Get the alignment done first mate and give them some time so u can get used to them.

At least give them the doubt that they need setting up, an adjustable panhard would do well too.

It can be a shock jumping from stock to coilys, they aint for the faint hearted or casual driver.

Sacrifice comfort for handling? You bet. Plus to get the best out of them, they need to be pushed.

Joz

Had springs on stock shocks, thats a bit like driving on a trampoline... A few things may need tightening or losening and re-tightening. I'll go over them thoroughly tommorow, should be dry so be good to test them.

Lets put it this way, after all what I've been through in the rain and hail and dark and cold - they aint comming off no way! :D

Good job for getting them fitted quickly mate.

What are these noises? You might of remembered when you were in mine that they squeak and make weird noises all the time. I've been assured by several people they're fine though.

I'll save you a spot Mikey :D

Got alignment done, they guy that was doing was really good and said it was the worst he's ever seen :D He said he usually needs to adjust most cars by 1 or 2 turns, took 12 to get it near and a few more to get it spot on...

• 3 months later...

MOT Prep

Right got my MOT coming up this month so thought I'd get some prep done.

First off I got a sports cat to replace my decat :) I actually prefere it now to what it was, too raspy for me with a decat. No pictures as well its under the car and it snowed :D

Next up was some new tyres and alignment. Went for some Toyo Proxes this time as the parada spec 2's were about as usufull as a chocolate tea pot in the wet ;)

Heres the alignment sheets -

Before

align_1_before.jpg

After

align_1_after.jpg

Nice to see an update Rich :)

Glad to see you got the alignment etc sorted out.

The sports cat sounds good, shame my full system is decat from the manifold back ;)

How are you getting on with the Tanabes? Manage to adjust the height with different c spanners?

Talk soon

Not yet the weather has been shocking most weekends so not really had much chance.

The thing with the system you have is that its got two largeish silencers which help, I would have chosen to get a baffled decat but a sports cat means theres a lot less messing around. Probably get some of the system redone if I get some extractors made up in the future...

When it gets through the MOT the main priority will be getting the exterior done properly after that who knows.. :)

Hey Rich

You are right man, on my system the centrebox and the backbox are both similarly sized and act as an equaliser against the noise due to no cat.

Hope it wont be too long until you can get some more test driving done.

Keep up the nice work.

• 2 weeks later...