Hi ,

I've just ordered my corolla intake manifold - woo cant wait.

This may sound like a stupid question....

do you keep the throttle body off the old manifold, or do you need another one to fit on the new inlent mani???

For the pics ive seen it looks like you keep the old throttle body - can someone comfirm this please

Thanks

You use your existing 4efe throttlebody fishy :ph34r:

If there is one on the new manifold it will have different sensors.

We all use our original throttlebody with the corolla mani.

Another thing you will need is a longer vacuum hose on the plenum.

Joz

You use your existing 4efe throttlebody fishy :ph34r:

If there is one on the new manifold it will have different sensors.

We all use our original throttlebody with the corolla mani.

Another thing you will need is a longer vacuum hose on the plenum.

Joz

cheers for the info, thought as much....

were can i get some cheap vacum tubing from?

Cheers

you dont actually need the longer hose. just un bolt the sensor it runs to from the fire wall and move it closer. there is another place just next to the mani on the fire wall that you can bolt the sensor too. it worked for me mate.

cant really understand why it wouldnt work??? all you are doing is changing the place the sensor is bolted too. maybe i should get a pic to show where i bolted mine.

cant really understand why it wouldnt work??? all you are doing is changing the place the sensor is bolted too. maybe i should get a pic to show where i bolted mine.

Maybe that'd help but when my cousin was fitting it he said he found no other place to bolt it..

i never needed longer vacuum pipe but if you do injector leak off pipe from a diesel engine should do the trick. you should be able to get it from most motorfactors. not that dear and probably in a metre length

Give ttestarlet a message.

He has sorted a few people out on here with one before.

He might just have one and you would get it for £60 posted no probs.

Joz

yeah u jus need to block up some holes, quite simple. not sure about wiring up the throttle body though. im gna try it on the sr wen i get home, ive got a manifold lyin ther and the yellow injectors and the pink ones. jus dont have a rrfp, might beable to borrow one, need someone with afr gear though to set it up acuratly

I also find painting it a nice touch aswell. Mine is done in mettallic black to match my car.

That looks really smart, looks good with both the rolla mani, and cam cover painted aswell ! :)