Budget Build - One Grandza - TD04!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Picking up a glanza s in the same colour with much better bodywork than my v - hello bonnet :D still gonna need a respray at some point but it should tidy the bodywork up a little for now and get rid of that dodgy hole in the front bumper ;) keep an eye here ;) updates soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Well as an update - the bloke with the S is mucking around a bit, sell, won't sell, sell, won't sell etc and asking others even though I've said I'll take it :/ but annoying but we shall see how things play out, however, got a few new parts on : -

2266a88b.jpg

EBC yellowstuff pads, and ultimax rears (courtesy of Idrees, thanks mate!), now fitted with new discs.

50b52354.jpg

315cc injectors from Banbury Glanza, great seller! Made my job quick and easy, these will go on when she gets mapped.

And also

989cefad.jpg

Gizzmo IBC, going at a great price here on the forum, so I had to have it!

And for general interest - TrisK and I came across this little gem in Jersey back in April! Completely standard! Low miles and owned by a disabled driver!

d4060979.jpg

de08df9d.jpg

Awesome :D

Also - got bored of my wheels, but in the interest of budgeting I decided just to refurb the ones I have :) and make them a bit different -

59a38492.jpg

Above is how they were (ignore the hole in the bumper :p)

This is how they are now: -

abf559e4.jpg

Personally think they've given the car a new lease of life :) the poor old thing still has a loooong way to go before she's done though :)

Just dug an old dyno print out from my glove box, from when I first got the car (so I can join the leaderboard socks set up) - the bloody thing had a huge boost leak at the time and was only boosting at 0.6bar - so the dyno owner told me (didn't have a gauge in at the time) but made pretty good power considering the little ct9b I was rocking at the time had to go mental just to make boost lol. Here it is -

3d2b5f96.jpg

I know the fueling line seems mental, but the lambda scale it covered was actually very small, I just missed it on the edge of the paper with this shiddy photo I took with my phone.

Need to get her dyno'd again soon :)

Edited by DanGEP91

got someone that wants it if its here at end of month but i got a turbo to payfor :p

shaun I told him to buy your ultimate, but he said its out his budget! unless you want to gift it to the project. You have his address now from the BOV! haha

I agree you need to get it mapped im booked in for the 2nd aug :D

I think he had tried to get it mapped when we come over for JAE. but everywhere is shut

She does need mapping, that's for sure, it's just a hassle when you live on the channel islands and no where on these bloody islands does mapping - so I have to account for a trip to the mainland in my budget for mapping. Sucks really.

Hey money is no object now - sod the budget! I've fallen in love with the car and want to get her perfect, for me at least! The only downside is time to make that money - want it all done now haha! Guess that's the point of a build thread though - progress over time rather than just hammering the cash and doing it all at once, where's the fun in that!

• 2 weeks later...

I just realised I'm traveling up to tuning devlopments the night before and is mine and the misses 5 year anniversary whoops best find some where nice for a meal on the way up lol

Can't imagine a better anniversary! Haha!

Small update, my fogs arrived and they've tidied those gaping holes in my bumper up a treat :)

1a1d0167.jpg

:D much better, give me a year or two and she might even get finished! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Ok in the terms of modification, my Exedy clutch and my emb have arrived :D (pics soon)

However my only update is this -

56BEAFFD-2D5B-46A4-9C0F-73A98F08CB18-7309-00000CDF62330F43.jpg

My dad managed to drive his work van into the back of my car - took the paint off the bumper and put slight dents in the boot. Now I know my car currently is still a rutter, but the back end was the only part of the car in good condition really and now that's buggered as well :/ no point in me sorting it yet though - gonna get the whole car done at once in the future :) just a while to wait :/