Glanza newbie from Suffolk!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and the starlet scene! I've always loved jap cars and wanted a Glanza since I was a little nipper but never been able to afford/insure one being 19 :( Until a few weeks back where I was browsing eBay basically Internet window shopping (as ya do!) where I came across a little Glanza only 20 miles down the road from me, I messaged him asking if he had a "buy it now" price and he replied with a figure somewhat a fraction of what I was willing to pay, Happy days!! Albeit needing plenty of work It's exactly what I was looking for; A project car basically that I can chuck some money & time at and make my own :) To be honest I think the car at some point has been owned by an enthusiast and unfortunately the lad I bought it off had shit for brains and clearly not cared for it at all.

The first thing I done when getting it home was a compression test and checked for oil in intercooler piping etc both all good!

Next was a new set of brakes all round, a new CV joint and a good ol' service.. That was all the mechanical work done for the time being I'm sure when it goes for its MOT they'll find something need doing.....time to get to work on the cosmetics!

So far I have fitted new front indicators as the old ones were tatty, removed both bumpers, blocked them down and they're currently in primer, hopefully I'll have a chance to colour and lacquer them this weekend! Unfortunately not had a lot of time recently due to work commitments but she'll hopfully soon be on the road :)

Mod's; ARC tmic and BOV, Unknown wheels.. If you recognise them from pic's please let me know what they are!, Custom exhaust, Samco silicone hosing, Apexi turbo timer, Boost gauge, 98 spec bumper and buckets.. Just little bits really!

Future mod's after I've finished current cosmetic work are; Clear lenses, Powder coat wheels anthracite grey, Carbon fibre bonnet, change the eye burning red hoses, relocate air filter, and a few other bits i'm sure... I also have an Evo 8 FMIC.. has anyone ever ran one of these before??

If anyone could inform me as to what make the wheels are and colours you'd think would suit them, it'd be much appreciated!

I'm sure I'll be meeting a few of you at show's etc, If anyone on here is from Norfolk/Suffolk way and has any glanza parts available please do let me know. Cheers! :)

Here she is when I first got her.. unfortunately no recent pics but I'll soon create a progress thread in the appropriate section :)

Looking Rather sorry for itself!

IMG_02871.jpg

First wash, front bumper and exhaust removed

IMG_03171.jpg

The rather bright engine bay..

IMG_03201.jpg

hi welcome, where you from fella you cant be to far from me. im from watton, norfolk.

did you buy this of a lad called martin by any chance? i recognise the car and he said he was selling it.

anyway goodluck with the car and hope ya enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

hi welcome, where you from fella you cant be to far from me. im from watton, norfolk.

did you buy this of a lad called martin by any chance? i recognise the car and he said he was selling it.

anyway goodluck with the car and hope ya enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy! Yea that's the lad who I bought it off! Small world ey? I'm from Bungay in Suffolk, Do you have any parts for sale mate

welcome along fella your in good hands here :D what are your plans for it ? :thumbsup:

Thanks mate! Future plans are the Evo 8 FMIC, relocated air filter and TD04 etc when funds permit! :p

Cheers for the warm welcome guys :D

Cheers buddy! Yea that's the lad who I bought it off! Small world ey? I'm from Bungay in Suffolk, Do you have any parts for sale mate

Cheers for the warm welcome guys :D

indeed it is mate haha, only bits I have are 98spec rear seats, the door cards and thats about it, the rest of the stuff I have is from an n/a.

indeed it is mate haha, only bits I have are 98spec rear seats, the door cards and thats about it, the rest of the stuff I have is from an n/a.

Do you know anything about my car then by any chance? I'm guessing he thrashed the living Sh*t out of it as when I got it the front tyres were bald as Phil Mitchell, CV joint clicking and the brakes shot to bits! Let me know if you come across any front seats bud as I've currently got two bucket seats that I cant stand! Sorry for all the questions but you don't know any Glanza's breaking locally do you? If you're ever in need of any N/A parts just give me a shout as I may be able to help you out.

Tbh I only met him a handful of times and never saw hom driving it, but he did ramble on about the terrible fuel economy of it so id guess he did have a bit of a heavy foot.

He seemed to have good intentions but they never really bloomed. But hey aslong as its still in a good mechanical state it should be fine ;)

I doubt theres many n/a bits I need either, most parts on my car are now from a glanza but cheers anyway :p

Edited by morgey

Hey Max, beginning of July i'll be moving to the Mildenhall area from japan and i have a few items you might be interested in.

Sweet, I'm sure there will be! You'll have to let me know when you're over bud :)

Tbh I only met him a handful of times and never saw hom driving it, but he did ramble on about the terrible fuel economy of it so id guess he did have a bit of a heavy foot.

He seemed to have good intentions but they never really bloomed. But hey aslong as its still in a good mechanical state it should be fine ;)

I doubt theres many n/a bits I need either, most parts on my car are now from a glanza but cheers anyway :p

Sounds about right :rolleyes: Ok mate, If you're ever about the City or any meets etc I'd be interested to see your Starlet, you'll have to give me a shout!
  • 3 weeks later...