HT leads keep popping out :/

Here's some pictures, it's always the one on the left as you can see, or occasionally the one on the right, the middle two are fine, it feels like the cables are really tight though like there in the wrong order but there's no other order they can go in :/

f5bf9c36.jpg

caf9e20c.jpg

Alright cheers guys I'll have a look, my original HT leads were fine before on there, and there definatley the right leads because I bought them off someone on here a few weeks back and I've been driving around with them since then, only recently had problems, what Ive just done is this so there's a little more slack in them so I'll see how that goes haha, suppose its an excuse too get red ones instead!

3295dcf2.jpg

They dont look like they are the right ones for your engine anyway buddy there farr too short. HT leads should sit comfortably and normally locate to a cable tidy to take up the excess.

This.. And they look shit against red :lol:

I'll get a picture up for you now mate, basically i just unbolted it because there's two bolts either side holding it to the firewall so just unbolt those and move it infront of the brace when you put it in, I think that's the only way around it as that's what most people do on here

b9f67b17.jpg

405e5cd8.jpg

72c08a22.jpg

There you go, you can see where the original bracket for it is, it's literally just moved in front by one or two inches, just so there's enough room for it. It's been like that for months so there's not a problem in doing it, like I say it's what most people do as I can't see another way around it :)

they are NGK leads, as far as i have known they are inherently like that from factory....just not long enough thus the stretch god only knows which goon measured them up for them but its a cock up to say the least!

best thing to do is put the standard ones on

you can have it either way, mine is behind the brace....ive tied a piece of rubber round it so its not metal-metal

Edited by Asad

the problem is they are 4efte leads, and the dizzy cap is smaller than the 4efe so you need to stretch these ones, thats why they keep popping out

james at cj performance does slightly longer ones for the 4efe i believe :) you'll have to double check with him that they are slightly longer, but he should be able to sort you out :) and they come in red :)

I have the standard brace like that n never had that problem unless mine was moved before it came Over the water

This one is a N/A Adam.

Also they look like leads from a fte? They will stretch like that as the distributor on a N/A Is much bulkier. It has the coil inside the distributor itself.