JDM rear lights, need help.

Ok this matter is confusing me so i am hoping someone could point me in the correct direction, im wanting to put 98 spec rear lights in my n/a maybe even red on red ones but im confused as to why everyone is talking about needing another loom for one side and the standard loom for the other side? what will i need to complete this task? i plan on wiring them JDM style.

Amjad's picture

IMG00455-20100513-2114.jpg

You need to source a twin fillament bulb holder to give you a foglight in the bottom right light otherwise u need an external foglight for the mot. The top ones fit the bottom so you jist need another one of them.

Then wiring is a case of bridging top to the lower wattage fillament on the right side frombthe top side light and the brighter to the foglight wiring.

Then top left sideloght to the only filament on the bottom left light.

Job done!

P.s You do not need reversing light for your mot!

You need to source a twin fillament bulb holder to give you a foglight in the bottom right light otherwise u need an external foglight for the mot. The top ones fit the bottom so you jist need another one of them.

Then wiring is a case of bridging top to the lower wattage fillament on the right side frombthe top side light and the brighter to the foglight wiring.

Then top left sideloght to the only filament on the bottom left light.

Job done!

P.s You do not need reversing light for your mot!

allright that makes sense, thanks buddy, any idea where i could source one from? thanks!

I got mine from someone breaking there V judt need either of there side/brake light holders with a few inches of wire, if they wont cut it u may have to buy the hole taillight loom which unplugs under the plastics near the rear right strut iirc

Hope that helps bud ;)

I got 98 spec on my n/a already too. Lower left clear lens is reverse light and lower right side clear lens i have a stop light red bulb in for fog. The two top clear lenses have red twin filament bulbs in too. So all is still legal :D

have you got the glanza boot (ie: revers light in number plate surround)

if so:

need 2 dual filliment holders & wire. local scrappy may have an n/a you can take the holders from.

bottom left- dual filliment red bulb. dimmer filliment connection needs to link in line with the sidelight.

use terminal block connections to make sure you got it right before soldering up.

bottom right- dual filliment bulb. similarly dimmer of the two connects in line with your sidelight (like bottom left)

the brighter side of the bulb needs to connect to your fog.

obvioulsy youll now have no reverse light in the rear lenses.

have you got the glanza boot (ie: revers light in number plate surround)

if so:

need 2 dual filliment holders & wire. local scrappy may have an n/a you can take the holders from.

bottom left- dual filliment red bulb. dimmer filliment connection needs to link in line with the sidelight.

use terminal block connections to make sure you got it right before soldering up.

bottom right- dual filliment bulb. similarly dimmer of the two connects in line with your sidelight (like bottom left)

the brighter side of the bulb needs to connect to your fog.

obvioulsy youll now have no reverse light in the rear lenses.

you only need one dual filliment holder, just cut the reverse lights wires and wire in the top side light to it, as theres no need for a reverse light for the MOT ;)

if you want it interchangable a couple of bullet connectors will work fine :)

I wired mine to have the bottom ones just working as sidelights, but yes if you want a fog light to be one of the two bottom lights, then you'll need a dual filament holder to work as sidelight and fog