HKS SSQV now less boost ? How ?

I recently swapped out my blitz adjustable bov for the HKS below.. When running the Blitz BOV it worked fine and as i said before i had it set to chatter on low boost and dump on higher boost. Now i have the SSQV installed there seems to be some sort of change.

Ill start with the first thing i noticed.. My idle used to be above 1000rpm but is now between 600-800rpm. All vac pipes are reinforced and hard, no air leaking. Obviously it was idling high before but i have no idea why changing the bov would change the idle :/

I also have a blitz DC boost gauge which tells me the peak boost i have reached (since reset of the peak) and with the Blitz BOV it peaked at .95 bar. Now it maxes at .8bar. Never goes any higher. Also the car seems a little slower since the change of DV. Probably because its now only boosting to .8bar. The only things that are different is the setup of the BOV and the BOV itself. Below is a pic of how i have it setup. (Yes it is a bodge lol)

21o4j79.jpg

Yes i know theres a lot of pipework to the actual BOV and this probably doesnt help. Any suggestions on what i need to go from the intake to the BOV ? the HKS adapter plate is much bigger diameter than my previous blitz, thats why the bodge work with the piping.

Just cant understand how changing the bov and a bit of pipe work changed the car so much.

Any help much appreciated.

I would say maybe that piping? Is it deffo a genuine hks? Although the reps are usually pretty good anyway.

Try to rev it from the throttle body while your under the bonnet, this may reveal any leaks, although not guaranteed as you aren't reaching much boost pressure at standstill

Thanks for the input so far guys.. Even if it were fake how would it change my cars idle ? Thats probably the strangest problem i have found.. I cant understand how or why it would make the idle change. Ive noticed that it also only boosts to .6bar in 1st now. Didnt really pay attention of 1st gear boosting before the change.

If i get chance i may run without the DV just to see if there is any difference.

@ Matt - You changed the vac pipes etc or still running with them t'eed ? Wierd how its just chatter.. If you cant get it to dump and i cant find a fix for the reduced boost maybe we should swap back LOL :)

Thanks for the input so far guys.. Even if it were fake how would it change my cars idle ? Thats probably the strangest problem i have found.. I cant understand how or why it would make the idle change

cheap materials will leak vacuum causing idle issue

will leak boost

lol.. I like chatter but when i had it all blocked and no DV the car felt slow between quick gear changes.. May have to stick with the chatter tho as the car feels much slower since the BOV change .

So will a leak on the vac make my idle higher/lower ? Im certain that the idle now is where it should idle - between 7-800 ? But obviously as i said i have less boost. With old DV it was sitting around 1100rpm but boost was where it should be (small increase over stock due to removal of solenoid).

I am right in thinking .8 is stock boost right ?

Pissing it down outside right now but if it breaks ill get it all plugged and see if there is any difference when running no DV. hopefully there will be a difference and ill have narrowed the problem down to the SSQV.

I removed the T piece and still wouldn't dump pit the T piece back for the time being though.

I always thought that stock boost was .6 on a Glanza? May be wrong? Mine boosts at .8 and creeps to .85 bar though.

I would swap back if you have issues with it. The DV is 100% genuine but the little adapter to the piping isn't a HKS adapter, never came with one. I bought the metal flange and O ring off sumo power:)