hi all, i am new to the starlet scene and i have just picked up a very nice little Glanza off here. my question is do i have to run a dumpvalve? i prefer the chatter noise, is it possible for me to achieve this? i have a blitz dump valve and a fmic if that makes any difference

sorry for my ignorance

steve

Edited by har-vey

i think it is. not sure how i would go about ajusting it though. would i want to tighten or loosen for more chatter and how would i go about blocking it off. just remove the dump valve completely? what would i do with the vacume hose?

Running without a DV isn't a problem, although on more expensive turbos like garrett,precision etc I personally would because it puts less strain on the bearings when air tries rushing back through the turbo and stalling the compressor.

if the air passes back through the turbo and tries to stall it, will it not take longer to spool back up, thus creating more lag?

The whole idea of running a BOV mate ;) They wern't invented to sound good, they were invented to do a job!

Like I said, its ok to use on cheap shitty turbo's that are readily available, but I wouldn't want to be spending £700 replacing the CHRA on my garrett for the sake of not running a BOV.

It is noticeable different if your running higher boost setups, running a stock-mild setup you won't really notice anything other than a different noise.

They are there so that when you let off the throttle taking a bend, then get back on it again, the turbo is not stalling.

Edited by AdamB