Ok so this is not a great way to put it but im just wandering whats the common mpg on a standard 4EFE ? so far ive done no engine mods but it seems to be drinking fuel? it was on half and after a 30 mile trip it was on empty? i cant seem to understand it.

ok guys thanks for all your help, ill start checking things today :) tyre pressure is fine amjad there all the same thanks and as for oil im not sure what its running at the moment i dont think its high quality stuff but ive got some genuine toyota oil and filter on order.

when i had the car matt, on nice steady runs i used to get 285-325 per tank, driving round town it went down to 250. First half of tank used to get upto 200 then second half of tank went down realy quick. as russleh said reset the milage next time u fill her up. The oil in it is just wilkos homebrand 10w40w i think.

hope this helps

when i had the car matt, on nice steady runs i used to get 285-325 per tank, driving round town it went down to 250. First half of tank used to get upto 200 then second half of tank went down realy quick. as russleh said reset the milage next time u fill her up. The oil in it is just wilkos homebrand 10w40w i think.

hope this helps

hey andi thanks for the information :) i will reset the mileage next time and keep track so i can check it against what you got :) yeah i gave her a full service the other day :) genuine oil and filter, i also have a genuine panel filter and genuine plugs to but im unsure weather to change the iridiums you put in as i prefer them and i have a k&n panel filter on order so that will be going on. :)

My cars always been shit on petrol, filled up the tank the other day and went too oak wood about 90 miles away for me, there and back and I had too put another £10a in on the way home somewhere. £15 gets me about 35ish miles :/ sometimes 45ish just seems like im putting petrol in it all the time. Gave it an oil change yesterday though and I think it's a little better. What does everyone's car idle at? I think mines too high, it's about 1,200-300 sounds too high anyway

Mine idles at 900, you're definitely using way too much! I can get 100miles to each of the top quarters. Check your whole ignition system over, earths and vacuum hoses

It's been like it since I bought it, before I started messing with it :p I'll have a good check over tomorrow though ;) just recently changed the distributor cap and rotor arm because there was no electrode in my old dizzy cap and it was misfiring :p

Sorry if I hijacked your thread by the way :/ I'll shutup now ;)

i would leave them plugs in matt, ment to be good and only done a few thousand miles.

exactly what i was thinking mate :) iridiums are good! i also saw the receipt that you left me for them.