EP82 PCV to inlet Manifold bore size for hoses

Hi All,

As per title - bit of rework to do - what's the bore size as I'm going to order a length of silicon hose.

Looks like Lotties catch can is plumbed in wrong and spitting oil from breather pipe; missing pcv to inlet pipe I think with my limited knowledge!

We wanting to refresh all the pipes and hoses with new ones as bay needs a bit of freshening up

Also is this the same bore size as any of the other pipes/hoses in the engine bay (as not looking at moment) as might order longer lengths just to update others as we go along.

Furthermore - bore size of catch can pipes would be useful, think they bigger so might as well update them too.

Cheers

Ok here's some pics - not sure what's more grubby, the engine bay or the finger marks on the lense of the camera!

Hopefully gives the general idea of how wired up (although some pipework hidden). You will see the oil spray on the rocker cover next to the breather;

bay3.jpg

bay2.jpg

bay1.jpg

bay4.jpg

Cheers

Personally i'd go back to operating just the pcv an dump the can!!

Install new pcv an grommet and give the rocker cover filter a wash out in petrol an let dry as it appears to be full of crud.

John

I will have a look this evening to check the simple task and see if the can is full - prob empty it any way and clean the breather.

I have read a few posts and know many different ways to connect catch cans up. I just wanted to know if the way this one is piped in is ok or not as is.

I've never felt the need to run a catch can on any other performance cars in the past but every day is a new learning day.

Pipe bore sizes would be useful when you guys get a defo on that as Lottie wants a colour change too so might as well go through cleaning and changing as we go

Nay reason why I cant use Wynns carb/throttle body cleaner on the breather as I have some of that in the garage - it melts skin so should bring the breather up nice and clean plus evaporates quite quickly :)

Just set it up like mine, pcv in to inlet then pipe from cam cover in to catch tank then filter on the out of the catch can .

Don't worry Chris - your doing it lol!!

Just trying to learn and get the parts in - coloured pipes = more bhp :)

Noob question - how do you empty the catch can - looks like a sealed can - Is it just a case of draining through one of the connectors or have I messed something? Also assume the clear 'level' tube on the front of the can is to indicate the level in the can and that looks empty (probably cause its all going over the rocker cover!)

The pcv to inlet mani is 10mm Id I believe. Could be 8mm. The other breather is 18mm iirc. I can check tonight for you if u need them measuring.

Be good if you could check - hey maybe even a sticky for pipe/hose sizes!

Bin it off! I hated my catch can. bought it, ran it, binned it! More agro than their worth and is a million gazillion ways to pipe em up. I've ran using a filter on the main breather and pcv to inlet for donkeys and never get oil over the bay etc so can is errelivant anyway. is just another bloody thing to service imo lol

Edited by shorty