I've seen many people use te TD04 from the scoobies, presumably as they cheap to pick up second hand.

Has anyone used a TD05 from an EVO before? If so is it pretty much same work involved as TD04 to fit into a GT Turbo?

The reason I ask as some of you may now I have an EVO 9 GT sitting in my garage at the moment, a little bit poorly waiting for some TLC!

I havent checked it fully yet but the turbo deose seem to whistle a bit but could be just a pipe. I will be upgrading the turbo on the EVO eventually and thought that if it fits the GT it can have a new home?

Anyone know

I certainly know that scoobies 555 used a td05 and some of the mitsubishi used td04 (not Evos) so could work but agree probably mating up the manifold is the major thing. Always worth a shot of the major part are hanging around :)

Seems to be a few on the leaderboard running td05. I'd need to check on configurations as different versions of them

Edited by invisible

Hmm - interesting read. Looks like a lot more work though and evidently no better than td04 from what they say.

My 9 Turbo have the 10.5 hotside too and not the 9.8; 68mm comp diameter, magnesium comp wheel, titanium turbine wheel; td05-HRA model.

Just a though but me thinks ultimately a td04 single scroll maybe best.

Nice idea though

the newer evo turbos are twin scroll the earlier ones arent. my old white car ran an evo 1-3 td05h 16g with a very early wepr kit this was years ago now. at a bar it made 210bhp but i sorted a few issues out and im sure it ran slightly more, it was quite laggy but once it was on boost it was a weapon lol.

not the best quality graph but it was 2006

RR-1.jpg

the newer evo turbos are twin scroll the earlier ones arent. my old white car ran an evo 1-3 td05h 16g with a very early wepr kit this was years ago now. at a bar it made 210bhp but i sorted a few issues out and im sure it ran slightly more, it was quite laggy but once it was on boost it was a weapon lol.

not the best quality graph but it was 2006

God damn I miss that car!! First turbo car I went in :lol: