Aftermarket Radiator for EP82 - Info needed

I have read a few posts on upgrading the standard radiator with a Civic one - can those in the know qualify a few things for me;

Car currently running standard turbo and fan so cooling fine at the moment but looking to upgrade and have a radiator thats capable of handling a TD04 possibly later in life but can still be extra efficient on standard turbo.

Some my questions are;

1. If I was looking for a standard civic replacement one please confirm that I would need one for a Civic EG/EK (or CRX) from 1992-2000 and that it would need to be the SOHC version - is this correct?

2. If I choose to go for one with extra cooling and a bit more bling! aka the alloy aftermarket version can you confirm who stock them and if there are different versions, twin/triple core etc and what would suit best?

I've found a Toyo sports one but like detail on it but didnt think price was too bad?

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/honda-civic-92-00-eg-ek-aluminum-racing-radiator-6499-113-p.asp

Other direct links and pros/con would be very useful..

3. Where can I get the lightweight aftermarket cooling fan and connectors from - direct lnks would be helpful

4. I see JD Tuning do the mounting brackets so thats fine on that front :)

All help appreciated as the parts and 'wish lists' develop :)

Cheers

Hi mate as for the technical side of thinks as in ek eg I can't really help as I don't know my civics that well but I brought a triple core rad from tuning developments wit slim line fan etc and I like its a cracking bit of kit and I know they do a dual core rad aswel and some standard size ally rads u could always try there website for a sniff around see what u think

1, correct.

2, the alloy ones can be had off ebay for like £50-60... Defo the way to go! More Cores, More Surface Area on Coolant, Better Cooling!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=civic%20aluminium%20radiator&_sop=2

3, ebay again!

these are quite cool: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-1988-2000-ALUMINIUM-RADIATOR-FAN-SHROUD-COMPLETE-WITH-ELECTRIC-FANS-/350573955988?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACivic&hash=item519fd60b94

4, If there in stock yes, wouldnt be hard to use mechano tho! lol

I dont think the civic rad provides any more cooling properties than the standard if anything its less efficient is it not? Smaller surface and thicker core would mean it cools slower? I was led to believe its purely necessary because the standard rad would be in the way of a TD04 and ofcourse its neater and looks better? Correct me if im wrong though.

I dont think the civic rad provides any more cooling properties than the standard if anything its less efficient is it not? Smaller surface and thicker core would mean it cools slower? I was led to believe its purely necessary because the standard rad would be in the way of a TD04 and ofcourse its neater and looks better? Correct me if im wrong though.

U are correct they have a smaller surface area than a stock rad but because of how they are made core wise etc they can disperse say 30/40% more heat which In affect will aid cooling depending on what rad u go for

cheers folks - some good info there.

Main reason was for potential future turbo upgrade and access to other parts - lol

I've had a lok on TD site and thanks Socks I will have a gander on flea bay too.

aidaneep71 - don;t think any prob in using original fan just mounting brackets and original fan a bit more weighty - lightweight is the key :)