Glanza's hard to sell?

Ive had my car up for sale on ebay and pistonheads for over 2 weeks and had naff all intrest, also looking at PH there is cars up for sale that have been relisted quite a few times seemingly mint examples too, is there a lack of demand for glanza's? :fool:

After looking through a lot of the PH listings.. Starlets in general don't seem to be fetching as much as they used too. There are some lovely examples on there but there seems to be a price range on both GTs and Glanzas.

With the odd few exceptions I only really see GTs go between £1500 and £2500 and Glanzas fom £2000 - £3000. Anything outside there just seems to sit for sale untill sadly broken down and sold for less :(

Exactly matt yeah, mines got 65,000miles and up for £3200 with offers and im not even getting any offers it like people dont really know about them.

Cant see mine even getting intrest at 3k

Yeah im thinking people arent expecting these to be worth anything over £3k even for a mint example, kind of annnoying really :(

Will have to drop the price and remove the offers tab

Be down to price really! Since gt's are slightly lighter and have the same power so why pay 3000+ when you can pay about 1000 or more less for the same kinda power etc?

Some importers are looking for 4,995 I seen the other day and to be fair I've seen better examples of cars on here!!

Be down to price really! Since gt's are slightly lighter and have the same power so why pay 3000+ when you can pay about 1000 or more less for the same kinda power etc?

Some importers are looking for 4,995 I seen the other day and to be fair I've seen better examples of cars on here!!

Yeah i have no idea how DCY and SVA imports go on with their cars with the prices they have them at, they must be on the forecourt for over a year atleast

Well, I see nothing wrong with the listing! You listed everything, even bad points. So there is nothing to hide.

With the coilover leaking and little things like the door handle etc the price may be a tad high but then looking at the overall condition, it's mint.

It's the shape I want to be honest.. However if I was paying £3000+ I'd want a little more spec :)

Just a personal opinion:)

List just under the 3K mark and you might get some interest.. Also, try listing on here... A lot more chance of getting Interest :)

GLWS!

theres a lot of shitters listed for cheap aswell so when u look and see a pile of glanzas that are fairly cheap u kinda assume thats the going rate then the good examples all look to be over priced

im just going to put this out there so dont shout at me thy are no longer chgeap to insure and they are a 13-16 year old car. you can pick a 9 year old ep3 type r up for 3k.

just a thought.

Rob

Hmm yeah your right!

I know what I'd rather have but that's cause I own one and would miss boost! Still, good point to make.

Edited by Matt1878

Yeah i have no idea how DCY and SVA imports go on with their cars with the prices they have them at, they must be on the forecourt for over a year atleast

Yeah its crazy! Can pick up a decent one from japan and get it imported and still have least a grand left over in change!

Also agree with rob as with gt's also being cheaper to insure could be a factor aswell

It's the shitters that give them the bad rating, people buy the shitters because of the price, yet people don't know a good example when it slaps them round the face because they aren't prepared to pay.

I'll agree with the fact that alot of people wont pay money for a decent car. They'd rather put in a cheeky offer probably because they are unaware of the actual cost of things. However certain people have criteria to fill when buying a car, thats normally how i go about it. Mine is normally based around the fact that if its mechanically in good nick then the bodywork is an easy after thought to be sorted.

I dont mind paying the price on a car thats right for me, unfortunately its one of those things that takes time to sell a motor these days

John

I'll agree with the fact that alot of people wont pay money for a decent car. They'd rather put in a cheeky offer probably because they are unaware of the actual cost of things. However certain people have criteria to fill when buying a car, thats normally how i go about it. Mine is normally based around the fact that if its mechanically in good nick then the bodywork is an easy after thought to be sorted.

I dont mind paying the price on a car thats right for me, unfortunately its one of those things that takes time to sell a motor these days

John

Yeah i got an offer of 2k when it first went up safe to say i found it more of an insult than a genuine offer

I get nervous about some little things, if the car is that cared for, why is there two cheap fixes (door handle, and fuel pump relay) just sitting not fixed

Those sort of things make me wonder

not accusing you of not caring, just my take on the advert

Its just the time of year. I advertised mine in january and it sold within 3 days of it going live on pistonheads. I got my asking price too (3500). Albeit i'd spent alot of time and money replacing little bits so it was perfect. Best thing to do is sort out the niggles whilst its up for sale. No one wants to be buying into problems.

Day

In all honesty I've bought another car and thought that the little bits like fuel pump relay and door handle wouldn't matter too much and its taken the back foot as I'm spending my cash elsewhere but I suppose if people are willing to pay 3200 then it should be sorted

Edited by Louis

I get nervous about some little things, if the car is that cared for, why is there two cheap fixes (door handle, and fuel pump relay) just sitting not fixed

Those sort of things make me wonder

not accusing you of not caring, just my take on the advert

Exactly what i thought.....for the sake of 50quid or whatever....get the little stuff done so it sells faster - its probably cost more than that just sat outside your house :)

Have to give yourself the best chance of a sale from day1!!

Mike