ive just brought a tmd inlet manifold with throttle body of 80mm what improvements would i gain running tdo4 kit ,fmic,255pump,315ccinjectors 2 1/2 inch exhaust decated ...could some one help out cheers or whats needed to use this . how many also was made of these must be rare????hardy used

brought this for my other glanza v but think i might just put this on my forged 5e insteed now that what i brought it for orignally or if i get good offer i cant refuse??? it sentimental....

lol, you dont like aftermarket inlets ;)

lol not that mate, but I think some people are miss-told information and believing what they say as it makes them money!

Edited by AdamB

Fit it and try it out on a dyno. There's never really been any before and after proof with any aftermarket inlets that have been made. So worth a try imo since you already have it.

I agree with adam tbh. 80mm tb is massive for a start im lookin for around 300 from my build and im only running a 60mm mr2 tb on a smaller custom inlet. the tmd one is big and great on a massive power car but you wont see a big gain if any on a small boost td04 set up. tbh prob wont see much on a big boost td04 setup either :( bang it on the 5e with a big turbo and it will work well though.

Got a dyno graph Bean?

Is the VF23 the equivalent to the td04?

imo numbers is pub talk, it may only make 130bhp up till 4500rpm. It's all about making the power useable for what you intend to use the car for.

All you have to do is look at Spuddy's car, it makes 570bhp, but at 4000rpm it makes 63bhp! Thats 70bhp less than stock!

Edited by AdamB

I'd like to see that Lew, no doubt a "race" inlet will make more power off the same setup, but will it improve spool time? I doubt it unless the stock item becomes restrictive, which in most peoples setups it doesn't.

i got mixed up its a vf28 not vf23. (we did put a vf23 on it once though lol) heres the graph. you can see its a little rich to keep the temps down.

iphone6002.jpg

when we put a td04l on it before the vf28 it made 210bhp at 1 bar. this is a good dyno no silly numbers.

the car pulls really hard and with the cusco mz plated diff its just foot to the floor through the corners and it drags it round at silly speeds! its shown 165ish on the clocks most times its out haha.

Edited by Bean