losing faith! what should i do?

So i bought myself a gt around 3 months ago and was great loved everything about it and just couldnt wait to get back in it to drive it, but that lasted for about 3 weeks! Untill the turbo went! This i where i all started to go wrong.

So i bought myself a standard ct9 (was a hybrid before) and then the alarm started playing up so forked out some more money on that then the fueling was all over the place then a few more things then overheating issues so new radiater as that was cold at the bottom and hot at the top now headgasket is going and as from today the piston rings!!! Smoking like hell and im coming to the end of my patience

Im not really the person to give up easy and like to stick at it till ive sorted it but im in two minds what to do now..

By a new engine (on my apprenticeship wage (shit money))

Or sell everything and move on?

Tbh mate, the cars are worth peanuts as they are, selling one that needs an engine, you may as well just give it away :(

Fix it up, proper job and enjoy it again! No matter how long it takes it will be worth it.

Thats cars mate, id say fix it, i recon most people on here have had points when they just want to sell up but i bet everyone who kept at it is glad they did! I know i am, i get so much enjoyment from my car, probably more than if it hadnt have gone bang 3 times as i just upgraded to better parts when it went wrong lol

Thats cars mate, id say fix it, i recon most people on here have had points when they just want to sell up but i bet everyone who kept at it is glad they did! I know i am, i get so much enjoyment from my car, probably more than if it hadnt have gone bang 3 times as i just upgraded to better parts when it went wrong lol

yea true this ^^ i massively regetting breaking my starlet :(

mate, thats not half of what i went trough with my v, and nothing compared to some others lol! im getting mine maped again this week after it not selling I've now got interest in it again! if you like the car stick with it and do it right

stick with it mate. thankfully mines been problem free for the past 2 years. but when they run well its great. i loveeeee mine and genuinely would struggle getting rid of it, it still makes me smile every day driving.

people want stupid money for standard engines mate, not to put you off but if you really want one your going to have to cough up unfortunately....or get your own one rebuilt

dont ever give up tho....youll regret it till the day you get back into another EP

mate, thats not half of what i went trough with my v, and nothing compared to some others lol! im getting mine maped again this week after it not selling I've now got interest in it again! if you like the car stick with it and do it right

Well said mate.

See you soon with that shelf from our auld Athlone Sham.

:thumbsup:

Keep at it mate, I've had to do a good few things with mine, since I got it, and I'm still having to.

Sometimes, I've felt like just throwing a match at it, but when it's a nice day and I'm out in it.

I'm Glad I didn't.

"It's over time and not over night", I was once told.

Al.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Order some rings and an oem hg with a decent set of headbolts. look into the fueling and sort it ;) way cheaper than a new engine and will only take a weekend to do :D problem you have is you have owened one and if you sell you will just come back lol so mayaswell just fix it.