Engine Smoking! Good news take alook :)

And yeah theres always that way lol but by the time you have done it over 3 times like i do then it should deffo be primed

Ohh and John was it your Valve stems that had gone on your old engine?..If so what was it doing if you dont mind me asking?

Edited by micky boy
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody thank you very much for your help!

I've just put my ordinal turbo back on and theres no sign of smoke :) dont get me rong after ive dont about 30miles i cant garantee it will start smoking on idle again! But not half as much as it did with the turbo i got off Phil!..Soon as my car got up to temp with phils turbo it was smoking its cunt off lol..I let my car warm up for about 15min today and took it for a quick spin and there was no sign off smoke what so ever :) :)

Cheers mate and yeah im not holding my breath just yet! lol

But the reason i couldnt see if there was any oil in the exhaust turbin was because it would burn it off by the time i had a look!..But today when i was changeing the turbo i put my fingers in the manifold and it was sooty! But if i put my fingers in the decat it was realy thick soot along with abit of oil so that was a little sign that the oil wasnt comeing befor the turbo if you get me? it was comeing after the turbo!!!

Edited by micky boy

Cheers matey!

And i hope it is for you to buddy! Im still abit gutted its the turbo lol my ordinal turbo dosnt even have a crack in the wastgate nor dose it have any haft play i must of just killed it haveing that little race with that C2!..Think i might get another turbo for the time been and rebuild my turbo in the near future

Think yourself lucky it's not internal problems, much more costly to sort haha

Yeah my turbo has no shaft play either, does have a cracked wastegate though and serious boost creep issues, so going externally gated ct9 when it arrives ;)

Ct9 Externally gated FTW :)

And yeah do count my self lucky infact im over the moon lol..Let use know how you get on when you change the turbo dude :)

I hope it's good lol, been keeping low boost for weeks now as it creeps massively haha

And haha I will do mate fingers crossed