If you want good response and minimal lag for upto 220hp it should be a hybrid hands down everytime!! Td04 at 220hp is pointless as its just added lag! Td04 is better at 260-270hp as the lag atleast is compensated by massive pull! As for the vf statement a vf28 will be simlar in lag to a td04 due to being a p20 exhuast housing so its quite large on the backend but is ballbearing wich aids spool but is no way less laggy or anything like a hybrid! I run a vf24 wich uses the p18 rear end and i also run 75.5mm pistons and that spooled slightly quicker than td04. if you want minimal lag go hybrid! My ct9/ct20 hybrid and tongs gt spec hybrid both pulled insanley well and spooled very quickly!

If you want good response and minimal lag for upto 220hp it should be a hybrid hands down everytime!! Td04 at 220hp is pointless as its just added lag! Td04 is better at 260-270hp as the lag atleast is compensated by massive pull! As for the vf statement a vf28 will be simlar in lag to a td04 due to being a p20 exhuast housing so its quite large on the backend but is ballbearing wich aids spool but is no way less laggy or anything like a hybrid! I run a vf24 wich uses the p18 rear end and i also run 75.5mm pistons and that spooled slightly quicker than td04. if you want minimal lag go hybrid! My ct9/ct20 hybrid and tongs gt spec hybrid both pulled insanley well and spooled very quickly!

Great info dude, confirms what i was thinking :D where did you get your hybrids if you dont mint me asking? Or where can i get one?

Ct12 housing and exhuast casting woth td04 blades all machined to fit. probably mildly more lag than the gt spec hybrid but still faster than td04 and a gt30 will not spool as fast as a hybrid set up but if you have a good map on a good ecu you will get mildly better spool than a td04 but as socks runs 370hp id say a gt30 is a bit big for a car wanting 200-240hp.

There is very little point running a huge turbo at little boost as its like blowing down a tunnel at a paper ball!! If you want to move the paper ball blow down a staw and you get a faster result ;)

Gt spec tongs was from enzo when he still sold em and the ct9/ct20 was an accidental find about 6years ago lol i killed it though lol. talk to midland turbos or crturbos in hampshire as they have built a good few hybrid ct9's bud with good results

Tongs gt spec has a larger intake and better compressor wheel, alowing it to intake and flow more air and increasing tje efficiency range at higher boost than a stock ct9 and also has a larger wastegate port and penny, aiding boost stability and helping to avoid creep.

A ported ct9b has one additional blade on the compressor wheel over a ct9a (the b's where fitted to glanza's and the addtional blade was in an effort to compensate the heavier kerb weight) and if its ported id guess the wastegate is mildly ported to try and combat boost creep, this will jelp over stock but not as much as the larger port that a td12 or ct9 gt spec both have. the ct9b will be out of effeicency by 1bar and make around 180-190. The hybrids will boost to 1.2-1.3 bar and make 210-240 depending on the spec. id go td12 or gt spec. td12 being marinly laggyer than the gt but flowing more power than the gt.

Unlikley they will know bud :( but they do offer good advice on what they think will work well. the gt spec and td12 where both made by tongs turbos and enzo on here used to stock/supply them. its posable he can put you on to a way of ordering one still if your lucky.

Vf28 has p18 housing iirc :)