FAO Camera experts

Right i was just wanting some advice from all of the camera experts on here, i am thinking about doing a photography course at college and was wanting some advise on the diferent cameras and what sort of features to look out for on them. I will have a budget of between £200-£300 and any recomendations on cameras and lenses would be very helpfull.

cheers jon.

D50 will be a lil harsh on beginner. Try Nikon D40 or Canon 350D. Those two are brilliant for beginner. Any lenses that comes with the DSLR should be orite when in the process of learning...once u r familiar with the setting and stuffs...try upgrade the lense.

Just err on the side of caution when buying second hand too! At the least there may be dust on the CCD making for bad image quality, of course it may be genuine and may be in A1 condition!

Just err on the side of caution when buying second hand too! At the least there may be dust on the CCD making for bad image quality, of course it may be genuine and may be in A1 condition!

dust on the CCD doesn't really matter, as most digi slr's have a facility built in that lets you clean it......

also have a look at the fuji s9500, its a cross between an slr and a compact......

D50 will be a lil harsh on beginner. Try Nikon D40 or Canon 350D. Those two are brilliant for beginner. Any lenses that comes with the DSLR should be orite when in the process of learning...once u r familiar with the setting and stuffs...try upgrade the lense.

Personally i dont think the d50 will be harsh for a beginner, and i also dont think a canon 350D is a beginners camera, as that is in the same class as a Nikon D70's - both are quite complex to use IMO. For a real beginner/first timer i would go for a D50 then upgrate later.......

Rob

Well i have just been into town and bought a new camera. I asked about the nikon d40 and d50, the d50 is no longer produced so i bought the d50. I am over the moon with it the picturequality is amazing compared to what i am used to. I will post some pics up of it later as it is raining here but thanks for all your advise.

i got a good deal on it too, cost me £369 for the camera ultra violet lense protector and case, but i get £60 cash back from nikon so it has only cost me £309 alltogether. Was going to get it from jessops and they wanted £319 for a refurbed one!!!

lol its ok aslong as its a nikon. lol

i dont want to start an argument or nothing, and a Nikon D40 is great camera but its a well known fact amoung photographers that canon make a better digital camera than nikon, and nikon make a better film camera than canon.....

Rob

as they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

pal i dont even own one, and wont ever. lol i buy canons. i own a 400d. lol

i cant recall anywhere saying it was better than anything else.

hes starting out and so its a good start, he could have bought alot worse.

its called support dude. :wub:

chill winston

as they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

pal i dont even own one, and wont ever. lol i buy canons. i own a 400d. lol

i cant recall anywhere saying it was better than anything else.

hes starting out and so its a good start, he could have bought alot worse.

its called support dude. :wub:

chill winston

just my opinion, like i said a d40 is a good camera, and i dont want to start an argument lol....

Well I had a play around with an EOS400D and a nikon D50 at christmas -- the Nikon was more intuitive to use and fiddle with settings than the cannon. Don't know about picture quality but I'm sure they'll both be pretty good!