Any ideas which sensor this is?

Looking over my engine bay today and I noticed what looks like a temperature which has an electrical spade connection on it which has nothing plugged into it. It's directly next to the top radiator hose going into engine. I'm just wondering why it's not plugged in I can't see any obvious reasons and no wire.

Thanks!

Temperature sensor*

This is a single spade connection, looks like its in the cooling system, there is a grey plug on the loom which feeds most things on that area of the engine which I was thinking was possibly unplugged from the ac, I could be wrong.

Thanks

temp gauge sensor id say... its possible your running a 3 pin CTS on a 1996/1997 water housing... 1996/1997 water housing has a spade connection for the temp gauge where as the 1998/1999 water housing doesnt have this... its the 3rd pin in the CTS.. what year is your glanza, 96/97/98 or 99????

Edited by corofin12345

Can't upload pics I'm having to use my phone, I meant the dizzy cap not alternator if you follow the top rad hose to the engine it's the first sensor in. It is a 96 glanza, yeah I am slightly confused I'm trying to understand 4efte's again after owning a cupra. Thanks

That is the correct sensor, the Red one im not familiar with but may be tucked away I can double check, but the other one in place of where the bolt is in your picture is the same sensor as I am trying to describe! Thanks once again

That is the correct sensor, the Red one im not familiar with but may be tucked away I can double check, but the other one in place of where the bolt is in your picture is the same sensor as I am trying to describe! Thanks once again

it just could be an aftermarket temp gauge sensor mate.. i wouldnt worry about it....

Aha, bingo so long as I'm not missing something major, that's perfect, didn't think of that. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. What's the difference between the two housings you sent I.e. are they both 96 specs?

Thanks once again!

Aha, bingo so long as I'm not missing something major, that's perfect, didn't think of that. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. What's the difference between the two housings you sent I.e. are they both 96 specs?

Thanks once again!

first picture is is 96/97 spec.. the 98/99 spec housing doest have the spade connection "red dot in first picture", instead theres a 3rd pin in the CTS sensor/loom for temp gauge, "yellow dot"... the last picture is from an automatic housing

Edited by corofin12345