:( UPDATE: PAGE 2 new better closeup pics please loo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going from your alternator its been leaking oil for sometime! (its all gunked up) there for not fresh! so maybe the crack oil seal is on its way out on that side!

And going from the Top Engine mount in the pics you have deffo fucked and engine mount somewere wiether its the front gearboc mount or the rear gearbox mount in not sure!..so the best thing to do is take them off and have a look at them! And your alternator belt has only snapped because your engine has hit the chasey of the car as the engine has twisted

Edited by micky boy

If the oil seal on that side is well fucked then it will be fresh/old oil as its the main seal near the oil pump! But its deffo been leaking for sometime!

Id try and sort the engine mounts out and go from there!

if not im breaking it and no more starlets :(

also doesnt look oils come from there more like looks like from behind but maybe has come from side and looks like that with wind coming from front

and which seals u mean mate.

Edited by Hawwy

If the oil is comeing from the crank oil seal near the oil pump behind the bottom timeing belt cover it will drop on to your pullys and flick oil everywhere!

Thats my gess anyways hope its nothing majour matey

If the oil is comeing from the crank oil seal near the oil pump behind the bottom timeing belt cover it will drop on to your pullys and flick oil everywhere!

Thats my gess anyways hope its nothing majour matey

It does look like a lot of oil for the crank seal but dont underestimate how far oil can go when your driving, i had a small weep from the half moon and oil was pissing out when driving. id check the engine mount when it bolts up to the block before you go changing seals, new engine mounts and hope you havent starved the engine of oil.

It does look like a lot of oil for the crank seal but dont underestimate how far oil can go when your driving, i had a small weep from the half moon and oil was pissing out when driving. id check the engine mount when it bolts up to the block before you go changing seals, new engine mounts and hope you havent starved the engine of oil.

When my crank oil seal went on my old glanza (gearbox side) you would think the sump had fell off haha there was loads of oil pissing out from it!

But in this case anything could of happend with the engine been twisted the way it is!

anybody got picture of how it looks the driver side mounting point , i mean the engine side where the mount bolts on to? also is the part where the mount bolts on to part of the block or is it bolted on to block , as the bit where the mount bolts on to that is the actual bit that gone into timing belt cover,if it is broken and cracked block can it be repaired? welded etc? if so anybody know who will be able to do it? reason is i dont want to replace engine if it is damaged as it was forged and not cheap so i dont want to go standard and cant afford another forged

Still hard too tell whats happened, im guessing the mount has pulled off of the block. The lower bolt looks asif its damaged near the end which might mean its worked loose and hopefully the other bolts may have aswel.

Id start by jackng the engine up the the original level, remove the upper timing belt cover and see if you can see where the mount should bolt too the block. Im guessing theres 3 bolts normally so see if thera any damage to the block around where the mount should meet it.

If its hard to see whats going on get some more pics of underneath the cover for us to see!

Looks a bit fucked lol that mount that bolts to the engine much have had a week point in it to snap off like that. Very very bad luck on this one by the looks of things. Need to jack the engine up and get all the covers off and what's left of the mount off. See what the hell went on. See what's been going on. The oil leak can only come from crank seal, oil pump, cam / rocker cover seal, cam caps, out the front corner of the head gasket, sump. Need to get the mont sorted, clean the engine down so there is no oil and run it up without the covers on see what's going on

That part of the mount as in 1st pic is sitting on the pulley.

I only got jacks so where is best place to jack engine from

Grant you say snap off as in? Parts easily replaced*

Edited by Hawwy